cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has anybody ... ?

Gordon1152
Explorer
Explorer
This is my second coach and the second camera system and MDVR that I've installed, but I'm baffled by what the current system is doing. If I select the main display to be the rear camera (to watch the toad and approaching traffic), when I trigger the turn signals the screen goes black ...

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE: I just figured out today, if I set the main display to be a quad view everything works as it should ... BUT I DON'T WANT TO LOOK AT FOUR CAMERAS ON A 7" SCREEN ...

Has anybody ...?
4 REPLIES 4

Gordon1152
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks rlw999! Actually I removed a camera switching system that was OE (Voyager connections ... I hate Voyager/ASA systems) and there was a trigger connector right there (one for reverse and one each for the sides), so that was a no-brainer ...

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
Since you installed it yourself, this seems unlikely, but it seems like it's sensing the turn signal and trying to switch to a non-existent side view camera.

But you'd have had to hook up turn-signal sensing wires for this to happen (unless you plugged into some OEM wireing harness that included turn signal sensing).

Gordon1152
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks cougar28! The cameras are powered in the dash by the MDVR ...

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
Is the camera powered by a clearance light that blinks with the turn signal? That would be about the only thing I could think of.
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate