cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone tried an AC air flow improvement system?

mrad
Explorer II
Explorer II

Would something like this work?  i have a 43' toy hauler with 2 AC's.  It struggles in the summer to keep the unit under 80-85 when it is not in the shade.

https://rv-airflow.myshopify.com/

3 REPLIES 3

ewarnerusa
Nomad
Nomad

How about just their air vents?  Not too expensive just to see, but if there is real life feedback I'd be interested.

ewarnerusa_0-1714869451518.png

"

Air vents re-imagined:

In a traditional ducted system, air will travel down the ducting channel from the RV AC and sometimes blows right over the air vent diffuser. This results in less cold air to the interior of the RV...

The Air Direct Air Distribution Systems improves how the cold air is delivered to the inside of the coach! RV Airflow Systems new, patent pending Air Direct Systems is engineered to create just enough turbulence above the diffuser to catch and direct the flow of air and force it out of the vent into the RV. This allows for an average of 15% more air flow at each vent without deteriorating the volume of air for the next vent down wind. Designed to eliminate inefficiencies that frequently develop in RV HVAC systems. Keeping you Cooler, Faster, and more Comfortable!"

Aspen Trail 2710BH | 470 watts of solar | 2x 6V GC batteries | 100% LED lighting | 1500W PSW inverter | MicroAir on air con | Yamaha 2400 gen

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III

probably works good, some of these products can make it so you don't have the dump feature of your ac anymore, but if they work better it might be a wash.  there are severl other things you can do on your own to improve airflow, checking the ducting runs to make sure they are seales, seal all around the unit its self , lots of videos on improving rv ac airflow.  I would start with that and then move to the product if it isn't good enough, as any sealing up you do will make theis product work better also.

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad

I installed one last year in my 2018 Nexus Phantom 25P class C. I have a single Mach 8 and it improved the airflow from what felt like nothing to feeling the air blow through the vents. It also made it quieter. There are Utube videos of a guy doing his fifth wheel.  It is a good investment and I would install another if I get another RV.