cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help Troubleshooting Freedom 458 Inverter/Charger

Discovery8
Explorer
Explorer
I changed out the batteries in my DP MH. I have a solid green light on the charger but I cannot get the light to turn on to power on the inverter. I've tried pushing the inverter button plugged in to shore power and also unplugged from shore power.
8 REPLIES 8

MrWizard
the 458 is a Xantrex product

the Freedom 10 or Freedom 20 is a 'Heart Interface' product

the company that Xantrex Bought

these products do not Sync with input line power

there are inverters from Victron and Magnum, that will do that

to the op
unplug from shore power
hit the battery disconnect
unplug the remote panel plug at the 458
disconnect the batteries for 5 minutes

reconnect everything reverse order
and try your inverter again

sometimes they 'REQUIRE' a reset procedure be performed
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
I do know the inverter will not work when connected to shore, but my experience with Xantrex products tells me you can 'activate' it at that time, but it will not actually invert until shore is absent and there's a sufficient load to invert for.

I don't know how the inverter would sync with the shore power if this were possible. I was going to try this on my Xantrex, but I chicken out. I had visions of the Xantrex shooting out the side of the motor home and wiping out the DE's car, then catching fire.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Everyone says you're welcome.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Discovery8
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. It was the wiring. It's working now.

Discovery8
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I do know the inverter will not work when connected to shore, but my experience with Xantrex products tells me you can 'activate' it at that time, but it will not actually invert until shore is absent and there's a sufficient load to invert for.

All I can say at this point is to make sure all your wiring is correct. You do have batteries hooked up, right?

That's what I am checking now.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II

All I can say at this point is to make sure all your wiring is correct. You do have batteries hooked up, right?

Discovery8
Explorer
Explorer
No, nothing about the inverter not powering on. In the trouble shooting section I found my status which is inverter light off, charger light steady green and it gives me a description and says to push the inverter button. I've tried calling the phone number on the manual but they are out of business.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess there's nothing in the manual about this?