cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help Zantrax freedom 458 and equalizing

CREATO
Explorer
Explorer
I am equlizing my batteries and I dont remember the red orange and green light flashing on the remote controll counsel in the past. It is charging at full rate of 15.5 volts and has been for 4.5 hours am getting a acid smell in the 5ver the batteries are not boiling over. I know it takes about 8 hours for a desulfate in the past I have just done it and came back the next day and all was good. My question is I dont remember the lights flashing or the smell is that normal. The batteries were fully charged and on float when I started as well as all cells full of water. THe bats. are only a year old and have not had any problems with them in the past. I set the inverter for 1200 ah as my bank is 1185 ah also set on wet battery as they ar wet. Any help would be apreciated.
I dont rent out space in my brain
7 REPLIES 7

CREATO
Explorer
Explorer
BFL13 wrote:
Six 186AH 6s make three 12v pairs in parallel of 186AH each pair, so you would have 558AH

186AH is a small 6v battery though. My Exide 135s are 226AH each. six of those in a bank would be 678AH

Equalizing 6s routinely is good. See

http://www.wholesalesolar.com/pdf.folder/battery-folder/charging_instruction_2011_2.pdf

THank you I had set the Zantrax way to high twice ashigh as it should be i stopped the EQ hope I didn't hurt anything

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Six 186AH 6s make three 12v pairs in parallel of 186AH each pair, so you would have 558AH

186AH is a small 6v battery though. My Exide 135s are 226AH each. six of those in a bank would be 678AH

Equalizing 6s routinely is good. See

http://www.wholesalesolar.com/pdf.folder/battery-folder/charging_instruction_2011_2.pdf
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

CREATO
Explorer
Explorer
pugslyyy wrote:
Why are you equalizing the batteries?

How many batteries do you have? I have 4 huge AGMs, over 500 pounds worth - and have 840AH.

I have 6 exide 6 volt golf cart batteries 186AH each

CREATO
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
When in the EQ mode the lights should be sequencing left to right over and over again. It will continue to do this and charge at the higher EQ rate for 8 hours.
The bad news is the acid/sulphate smell. This should not be happening and usually indicated the batteries are boiling (over or not) and that's not good.
Was there a reason you want to do an EQ or is this just a once a year routine? 1185AH? Are you sure about that? That's a whole lot of batteries!

I have 6 exide 6 volt golf cart batteries 186AH each unless I had a ytpo on first post totall AH is 1116AH and I generally EQ. once a year befor I put it in the shed for winter. UNless I am not figuring totall AH right

pugslyyy
Explorer
Explorer
Why are you equalizing the batteries?

How many batteries do you have? I have 4 huge AGMs, over 500 pounds worth - and have 840AH.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
When in the EQ mode the lights should be sequencing left to right over and over again. It will continue to do this and charge at the higher EQ rate for 8 hours.
The bad news is the acid/sulphate smell. This should not be happening and usually indicated the batteries are boiling (over or not) and that's not good.
Was there a reason you want to do an EQ or is this just a once a year routine? 1185AH? Are you sure about that? That's a whole lot of batteries!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Moved from Forum Technical Support