cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hengs Vortex II - waste of money...

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Went through two units before throwing in the towel on this piece of junk. First one the fan blade was so badly balanced and out of round it rattled like crazy. Returned it on Amazon as defective. Replacement unfortunately wasnt much better then Low and Medium settings stopped working and could only run on High. Finally threw it in the trash and picked up a Maxxair Plus and couldnt be happier. Lesson learned...
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch
25 REPLIES 25

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2003 Itasca mh that I put a TurboMaxx 1200T fan in the roof vent in the bath room. That worked real well and we liked it as well.
We traded the '03 in 2015 for a new Itasca. I went to buy a new 1200T and found they are no longer available.
If anyone know where I can get one, even a good used one I sure would appreciate you letting me know.
The hood was about 120 degree horse shoe shaped with the fan at the outlet end. It had a 3 speed reversible motor, and an adjustable thermostat.
I wish that I had taken it out before we traded in the old mh.

Dusty

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I know there's lots of Chinese junk out there, but I'm not automatically categorizing. My WFCO is over 14 years old and still maintains my batteries when necessary. Granted it's not in the same league as many others, but it's not a battery boiler like some others either. My Heng's Vortex has more than paid for the initial cost. It will hopefully be quite some time before I have to come back and complain about the Heng's roof coating I put on last week.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
Hammerboy wrote:
I've put the Henges fans in my last two units, worked just fine. Must be luck of the draw.

Dan

Or......you just got the "heng" of doing a good installation...;)

~

You have to love the names the Chinese choose. I would be leary just because of the name "Hengs". Why not Atlas Fan mfg, or Innovative Ventilation? Its not unlike WFCO converters which stands for "World Friendship Company" LOL. Are they hawking converters, or friendship? They're not your friend when your battery boils off. Perhaps just jump to the chase with "Wo Fat Industries" or "Ho Lee Fook Inc".
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Hengs fan worked great in the bathroom. Much better than the factory toy fan.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
wildtoad wrote:
I installed a Vortex Version 1, and it works as advertised except itโ€™s a bit noisy. Only really use it when wife is making toast.

We installed a Vortex Version 1 in the bathroom to replace the little fan. Works great, just a little noisy.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

BennieH
Explorer
Explorer
I've put the Heng's fans in my last two Rigs. Both were the insert type and worked just fine. The current one is noisy on high, but the noise is the high air flow. I would get another if I needed to.
Bob & Pam
2003 Monaco Camelot 40PBDD
Ford Edge or Chevy Silverado toad.

Post your Park Reviews at:
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Hammerboy wrote:
I've put the Henges fans in my last two units, worked just fine. Must be luck of the draw.

Dan

Or......you just got the "heng" of doing a good installation...;)

~

BriaBeck
Explorer
Explorer
I've got the Vortex II in my rig, good airflow, no problems so far.
Brian and Becky

PrimeTime Avenger ATI 27RBS
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
3 in a row. Fantastic fan Endless Breeze. Three that whine/howl on #2 and #3 speed that they are worthless. Direct from Fantastic Fan. I'm not talking about a subtle noise, the whine is so loud it is embarrassing. Everyone hears it and grit their teeth. And no it isn't some subtle harmonic from a power supply -- straight off an isolated battery.

Welcome to BUY AMERICAN. Now lean forward and grab your ankles....

OK, the OP is talking about a Roof mounted ceiling vent fan. YOU seem to be talking about a PORTABLE Endless Breeze fan. WHY????? Doug

Study the product, the important parts between the portable fan and the ceiling unit are the same.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

sgip2000
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
3 in a row. Fantastic fan Endless Breeze. Three that whine/howl on #2 and #3 speed that they are worthless. Direct from Fantastic Fan. I'm not talking about a subtle noise, the whine is so loud it is embarrassing. Everyone hears it and grit their teeth. And no it isn't some subtle harmonic from a power supply -- straight off an isolated battery.

Fantastic Fan is now owned by Dometic. New units are Chinese junk.

Fan-Tastic

sgip2000
Explorer
Explorer
Hengs = Chinese junk

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

OK, the OP is talking about a Roof mounted ceiling vent fan. YOU seem to be talking about a PORTABLE Endless Breeze fan. WHY????? Doug

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
N-Trouble wrote:
More like 2x but yeah you definately get what you pay for. On Amazon the Hengs was $60 and Maxxair $128.

But you get more than just a chincy fan insert with the Maxxair. Its an entire vent assembly with lid.

Depends which model you buy.

The last Hengs I purchased came as a complete roof vent assembly, not an insert like I was thinking it would be. Cost was about equal to the price I paid for an insert years before.

The motor and blade on either of my Hengs is equal if not better than my "designed in America" Endless Breeze. There's no extra quality from the fancy brand name, just a higher price tag. All I got when I paid for it was the fancy designed in America sticker on the Endless Breeze.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel