Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Holiday Rambler Power Roof Vent

HRcampers
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Everyone,

So, yesterday myself and two of my brothers went to pick up a used 2007 Holiday Rambler Presidential 34SKD that my one brother had purchased from a private owner a week prior. This trailer is top of the line and loaded including a power roof vent system.

The trailer had been sitting dormant for approx. five years. The older couple (2nd owners) never had a chance to use it as the gentleman had passed away.

Anyway, after hitching the unit up and plugging it in, we noticed the motor in one of the vents was continuously in the "on" mode. We pulled the fuse for the vent system to cease the motor operation. On the way home we discovered that the vent cover would just flap in the wind.

Myself and brothers have had RVs for many years but none of us has ever had a power vent system.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has had such a system and had any suggestions as to where I can get info to pass along to my brother.

The maxx-air vent cover was missing over that vent which leads me to believe someone was up there messing with it at some point.

The widow had very little info except that the unit had been professionally winterized before it sat for so long.

We towed that trailer home on a four hour trip without issue. The tires were not original, in fact, they looked new. We had a portable air tank and off we went.

I'm positive that we were being watched over yesterday as all the things that could of gone wrong by towing a trailer that has been sitting so long, did not happen.

Thanks, any info would be great!
Robert and Anne Marie
Warren, Michigan
2016 Rockwood A192HW A-frame
2016 Ford F250 Super Duty, 2wd, 6.2 gasser
2016 Toyota Rav4
2 REPLIES 2

HRcampers
Explorer
Explorer
The brand I believe is Maxx Air-Maxx Fan.

Is it possible that due to the fact the lift mechanism itself is messed up (cover can be lifted up and down from atop roof with no resistance),that the motor meets no resistance that it will not shut off?
Robert and Anne Marie
Warren, Michigan
2016 Rockwood A192HW A-frame
2016 Ford F250 Super Duty, 2wd, 6.2 gasser
2016 Toyota Rav4

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a vent closed switch. Possibly dead. What brand of vent?