cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to add photos to forum posts

Dumm_Lummox
Explorer
Explorer
Whats the easiest method or website you use? What are the common issues?

I was trying to use TINYPIC but not working for me yet
9 REPLIES 9

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
Imgur does not require a login. It is a public photo repository and it is free. I'm not sure how this would be "secure". You post your photo and you link to it from here, but anyone could view it if they knew the URL.
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not sure I'd be too worried about an 'insecure' photo site. I'm more concerned about free sites.

Medical pot in travel trailers. Photo posting in Tech issues. This is a strange place sometimes.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
In addition to providing a repository for images posted on the forum, the photo posting app graciously provided (for free) by moderator 1492 resizes pix to the forum suggested width of 640 pixels. Moderators spend more than a few minutes everyday fixing the width on pics that drive the text in the posts off the screen. This requires the mod to following the link, download the pic to their own computer and repost the pic.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
And kknowlton is correct. You should use a secure connection.

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just went to those links and found that Imgur is not listed as "secure." Does that trouble anyone, or is there a way to log on to a secure form of Imgur?

I used to use Photobucket but since they started charging, deleted my photos from there.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use IMGUR here... This is a free to use photo server... I use the Window 10 SNIP tool to capture pictures from on-line and other sources and then save those to IMGUR... This adds the HTTPS URL address to the photo and it has several different basic sizes that helps...

It is almost CLICK CLICK to add to any of the RV Forums using their image formats... I moved to this site when PHOTOSHOP dropped all of us users a few years back...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Searching around I found these instructions:

Easy Photo Upload & Posting Web App! (1492)

A fast and easy way to include a photo in a forum post. Just drag-n-drop a photo, and copy-n-paste the image link in your message post. Uploads photos directly to IMGUR.com servers. Automatically resizes photos to the max recommended by the Open Roads Forum. Includes a thumbnail preview, and also provides an optional link to permanently delete the photo. The WebApp is available at http://photoposting.is-great.net (Updated 10/03/2016).

RV.Net Tutorials and Picture related FAQ's
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Dumm_Lummox
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Try this
Photoposting