cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HP Fuel Injector Line Modifications?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I want to put a RAcor fuel water separator on a toad. It has fuel injection the pump is in the gas tank. I believe the pump pressure is around 45 lbs.

The factory fuel filter is located near the r/r fenderwell. It has two slightly different diameter steel tubing projecting from the filter. The stubs use some sort of locking clip rather than a clamp. There is a ring around each of the filter's tubing stubs.

Does this sound like standard fuel line parts? Or factory special custom fit? High pressure gasoline is nothing to fool around with.

So educated advice is much sought after.

Thank you.

PS RAcor approved a few models OK for this application.
3 REPLIES 3

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Mex, what kind of vehicle are we talking, year, make model.

Older (+15 years ?) EFI systems pumped the fuel up front at about 60 psi. The regulator dropped it done to what was needed (referencing manifold pressure) and sent the extra back to the tank. 2 lines. There is typically other hoses going to the tank that are for the EVAP system.

If you are going to splice into the high pressure side you really need to use nylon, high pressure fuel line and fittings. Not overly expensive, but not cheap either. The parts might by hard to find the parts where you are.

Watch this video Now to repair rusted fuel line. Ignore that funky tool ! Boiling water will soften the nylon line enough that you can push the fittings on by hand.

OR

Installing fuel line fittings without heat

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can run down to a Harbor Freight and get a set.

Just donโ€™t cross the border! :B
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

MrWizard
the gas line fuel filter on my 97 ford chassis
uses a tool ring like these, to disconnect the clamp
these slip on, then push into the line to disconnect
pretty common item for many mfg

fuel line/filter removal tools

there are also some that open and close like scissors but operate the same way, push in too remove
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s