cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HWH levelers not retracting

VeroBeachAlan
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 Itasca with HWH 305 levering system. last time out warning light and buzzer went off. Had system in travel mode in store. This did not resolve problem, I thought it was the usual fluid heating up. Now after sitting levelers will not retract. So far I found the system low on fluid. What else should I be checking before I manually retract them?
4 REPLIES 4

siggyd777
Explorer
Explorer
The FLUID is always low when the jacks are down! Check the fluid only when the jacks are retracted!
Siggy
Happy Trails
Siggy & Ursula
2011 Dutch Star 4020,ISL 400,Compr.brake,FTL XCR,IFS
Allison MH3000
2015 Jeep Cherokee,4x4 Active Drive II,V6 , Brake Buddy,Roadmaster Sterling,
Camping since 1975 Pop-Up,1986 22Ft.TT,1999 Gas MH,2005 KSDP,
2011 DSDP,FMCA 368283

VeroBeachAlan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input, I will check the connections for power and ground and go from there.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Your jacks need power to retract. As the other poster stated, odds are you have a fuse blown. BUT, 14 years old may be corroded or bad power connections. Does your Touch Pad light up? LOW fluid will not affect retraction. Just open the T handles on the 4 solenoids and see if they retract. IF they do NOT retract, your SHUTTLE valve is stuck. Doug

swphotobug
Explorer
Explorer
We once blew a fuse(125a) to the levelers and could not retract. No indications what was wrong. Fuse was well hidden and didn't look like a normal fuse, looked like a bar. We jumpered around the fuse and got the levelers up. Went to NAPA and bought a new fuse.