cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco part needed

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Jayco escapade and am looking for a part. Jayco referred me to camping world.
I have not stopped in there yet but last time I looked for a part from them, they were useless.

It is the plastic step insert. It is the first step you go down BEFORE you reach the folding steps..it is in the rv.

Not sure what to call it even.
28 REPLIES 28

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
SKU 0500 STEP INSERT - JAYCO, LJ #0163404 $64.35 plus shipping etc. $97.41 shipped to our house. We are going for it. Hubby who can fix, rig anything was admitting this one was a hard one to remake.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have your part #, google the part# and places that have it for sale will come up.

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
I will put them on my list...thank you!

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
If you haven't found parts try here, I called when I needed Jayco parts, have the year and VIN. The parts guy was amazing as he took all the time to find the parts in his computer and shipped them to my house. I has an issue with an unnamed RV repair shop that quoted $1400 for repairs. They shipped the parts for just under $500 and I did the repair in about 3 hours (1st time) I think I could do it in an hour now.

https://www.valleyrvsupercenter.com/
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

in5r
Explorer
Explorer
You could try bontragers.com in white pigeon Michigan. It's an RV surplus store that may have what you need, you never know.
2019 Ford F250 6.7 CC SB
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Went camping world which is only about 10 minutes away. They were busy, knew the part was not in stock so...

We are sending parts department an email (as requested) with model/year/vin and pictures and MEASUREMENTS of the piece needed. They will send an inquiry to Jayco and then we wait.... So that is the way we are going for now.

Donna
Still have inquiry into Arizona rv parts salvage place.

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
I hate that carpet! Would have much preferred linoleum throughout except cab. Hubby and I have talked about replacing it. We keep it covered in protective self stick plastic and replace it before each trip...ugly as heck!

I will keep you posted. We use this a lot...traveling for months at a time...usually october - nov/dec and Jan/Feb through March and sometimes ad in May/June....so we need to get this sourced.

j-d wrote:
Donna,

Please let me know if you can source that thing. I'll try too.

Yes,

NOT Supported! Donna's pic looks like somebody might have installed flooring and not shimmed up under that (whatever it is!) "Bucket." I'm wondering same about ours. Our Escapade has the optional carpet in the living area. I'll bet if there was only the standard roll vinyl, the bottom of our "bucket" would have been supported.

I couldn't get "easy post" to work from my Motorola Droid phone. Would not show a directory or screen of pix. Finally emailed it to myself, uploaded to flickR, downloaded to "Advanced Post." After going out in the Rain, in the Dark, to get a Pic, I wasn't about to be denied. By time I got all that done, Donna got her pic posted. Oh well...

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Donna,

Please let me know if you can source that thing. I'll try too.

Yes,

NOT Supported! Donna's pic looks like somebody might have installed flooring and not shimmed up under that (whatever it is!) "Bucket." I'm wondering same about ours. Our Escapade has the optional carpet in the living area. I'll bet if there was only the standard roll vinyl, the bottom of our "bucket" would have been supported.

I couldn't get "easy post" to work from my Motorola Droid phone. Would not show a directory or screen of pix. Finally emailed it to myself, uploaded to flickR, downloaded to "Advanced Post." After going out in the Rain, in the Dark, to get a Pic, I wasn't about to be denied. By time I got all that done, Donna got her pic posted. Oh well...
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.epi-roto.com/rv-liners/ Hubby found this and he is going to contact them.
Keep you posted.

He is not really into doing the fiberglass thing. The only thing he did with that is make a cooler for a boat once...so it wasn't pretty.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like This?

Basically one side, both ends, and the bottom of a black plastic wash basin with mounting trim added around all the edges.
This is the one in our Escapade, and the blue ruler is stuck into a crack which runs the length of the back edge of the bottom. I can only figure it wasn't supported underneath and somebody's weight stressed it to cracking.
I went to take ours out to replace the little LED lights under those little bezels. And maybe space it up, after adding tape or the like to seal the crack. I forget what the exact problem was, but it seems to be sprung into place somehow. I felt I'd probably break it (which Donna can apparently affirm) so I've left it alone.
I'd buy one if I could ID it.
If somebody can provide the correct name for this little thing, maybe we can gOOgle and find it.
We should start an emotional support group for Escapade owners...
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
i have email into salvage company. hubby who can fix/rig everything is contemplating....
we will visit camping world too.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wonder if a bus tub or feed trough or some such container could be found that when cut down would fit and work (with appropriate support underneath)...but in truth, If it were mine I would probably see about constructing a step out of plywood and whatnot.

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Yes.

Sheet metal may be option. The plastic was waterproof and that is what needed.

Hubby seems to think he is going to find one for sale; I don't agree. Salvage yard may be option while we are traveling...
Donna

myredracer wrote:
It looks like it was unsupported underneath and thus the bottom literally fell out?

It might be time to learn how to make fiberglass molds and make a copy using what's left of the old piece. It's not terribly difficult, just messy and smelly. Or take it to a shop that can do it. If it was mine and a replacement was no longer available, I'd be making my own. Even if a replacement could be found it could be very pricey.

Otherwise what about one of those RV salvage yards around the US? Or making one from sheet metal or plywood? There's probably a few different ways to create something that'll work fine and look fine in lieu of the original item.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
It looks like it was unsupported underneath and thus the bottom literally fell out?

It might be time to learn how to make fiberglass molds and make a copy using what's left of the old piece. It's not terribly difficult, just messy and smelly. Or take it to a shop that can do it. If it was mine and a replacement was no longer available, I'd be making my own. Even if a replacement could be found it could be very pricey.

Otherwise what about one of those RV salvage yards around the US? Or making one from sheet metal or plywood? There's probably a few different ways to create something that'll work fine and look fine in lieu of the original item.