cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LinkPro settings for Lithium batteries

stacaz822
Explorer
Explorer
I just upgraded from lead-acid to lithium batteries in my RV. I am wondering if anyone can recommend new parameter settings in the Xantrex LinkPro battery monitor for lithium chemistry. Surprisingly, I searched here and Google, and found basically nothing useful... Strange.

Thanks!
Stacaz
3 REPLIES 3

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
turn off equalization and use the settings for AGM.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Been dare done dadtโ€ฆ.Switched to LiFePo4 from former two 6v GCโ€™sโ€ฆ

Had a Xantrex LinkLite (same as yourโ€™s minus history feature) that was uber reliable up until I switched to LiFePo4 chemistryโ€ฆ

At this point, no matter how I programmed it (even using competing Victronโ€™s own meter settings!!) it would not properly track Lithium more than about one discharge cycle due to extreme meter driftโ€ฆ meter re-syncing did no goodโ€ฆIn the end (Ugg!) I swapped it out for a Victron BMV-12 (or equivalent Victron Smart-Shunt) which did the trick - tracks nearly perfectly with no discernible meter drift whatsoever, regardless of how many times the batteries are cycled (typically 4-5 times before opting for a full 100% re-charge, meter re-sync, and cell balancing regime)โ€ฆ

Lesson: Unlike wet-cells, a capable โ€˜LiFePo4โ€™ SOC Meter parameters will include voltage tracking, coulomb counting, and an embedded โ€˜look-upโ€™ table to accurately arrive at state of chargeโ€ฆ

3 tons

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
stacaz822 wrote:
I just upgraded from lead-acid to lithium batteries in my RV. I am wondering if anyone can recommend new parameter settings in the Xantrex LinkPro battery monitor for lithium chemistry. Surprisingly, I searched here and Google, and found basically nothing useful... Strange.

Thanks!

what type of batteries did you buy and what do they recomend?
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100