Lippert faucet leaks, replaced with Moen

rpnelson11
Explorer III
Explorer III
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rpnelson11
Explorer III
Explorer III

Lippert faucet leaks from cartridge.  Plating in cartridge housing is flaking off and causing leaks around seals.  Lippert would not fix this since their warranty is only 1 year.  Replaced it with a Moen residential faucet and used sharkbite 1/2" to 3/8" faucet fittings on PEX water lines.  This forum did not give me a field to enter conversation when originally posted.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

Looks good. And I'm sure it will be more durable than the Lippert.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Yes.  My wife likes it much better and the Moen valve works smoother and more precise than the Lippert.

rpnelson11
Explorer III
Explorer III

Yes, that is a photo of the inside of the cartridge housing.  There were many flakes of plating material in there.  Talking to Lippert support, they haven't done anything to fix this and weren't planning to.  We didn't want to put another one of those in and have the same problem again so we put in a Moen residential one.  It was $160 at Lowe's.  Here is a photo of I can get it to go in here.

1000000426.jpg

1000000427.jpg

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

It's a shame we even have to deal with junk like that. Is the third picture showing the inside of the nozzle peeling off? Would love to see a picture of the replacement.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

rpnelson11
Explorer III
Explorer III

Lippert faucet leaks from cartridge.  Plating in cartridge housing is flaking off and causing leaks around seals.  Lippert would not fix this since their warranty is only 1 year.  Replaced it with a Moen residential faucet and used sharkbite 1/2" to 3/8" faucet fittings on PEX water lines.  This forum did not give me a field to enter conversation when originally posted.