cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking at a 25 yo Avion 5th wheel

da_bees
Explorer
Explorer
I've only seen less than half dozen Avion 5th wheels and never got a close up look. We often get hail in N.Central Tx. Tongue pull Avions are more resistant to hail than most but what about their 5th wheels? Those I've seen appeared to have fiberglass roof,is that the case? I'm thinking of making a 75 mile trip to look at a 1993. If it is in good condition inside and out,is it worth $11k? I've owned 2 NuWas and loved them but hail totaled both of them. The campground where my rv sit's 50% of the time will lease a lot for a year but structures become their property. Does anyone have experience with Avion 5th wheels? Thanks for your advice.
4 REPLIES 4

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
Blue book on the largest one was only 3,750

I looked at that too, but when I search units for sale, none (that I found) has an asking price that low.

$11k is still high, from what I saw.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
need to show the seller his price is way off have it in writing.

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
Blue book on the largest one was only 3,750

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old Avions were really nice. But when Fleetwood gobbled them up like everything else they went to crud. Cant remember when Fleetwood took control. Remember its 25 years old. Lots of stuff will be worn out. 11K seems to much for my tastes, but its going to be worth only whst your willing to pay for it.