Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

maximum dc voltage output Magnum 3012 with remote

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I was toying with my charge voltages. I wanted to try 15.4. When I set 15.4 on the remote it did not get above 14.7 volts. The bank was fairly full so it was only doing between 8 and 10 amps of charging.

Does anyone know the maximum dc output voltage?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
24 REPLIES 24

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
First reply is to use the setup menu to adjust the float voltage. I wrote back and told them I had already done that.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I've just emailed Magnum and will report back what they say.
Regards, Don

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I think the idea is to try something different. Otherwise best to contact Magnum.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just tried this again.

At 15.4 set on remote I got a maximum voltage of 14.8 at the battery terminals. Amps were 8.0. It is 11.7 c (53.1 f). I ran the test for 10 minutes. When I "backed off" to a float of 13.2, charging went to 13.5 volts @ 0 amps. After another ten minutes that went to 13.5 @ 8 amps.
Regards, Don

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
This...

Is ALWAYS more intelligent than this

Installing a menu root that offers totally manual control frightens some people ""If It Is Available A Troglodyte Will Use It Then Run To An Ambulance Chaser""

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
time2roll,

They were only charging at 9 amps.

I'm using the "custom" setting on the remote.
Regards, Don

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Try 14.9 next time you run them down a bit. Is there a second limitation by battery type etc? Maybe reduce the amp rating to 50% of max.

MySuncoastRV
Explorer
Explorer
If your battery is at or near charge capacity of 14v, your voltage will be regulated down from 15.4volts. If your battery was sitting at a lower capacity such as 10volts when you would see higher charging output voltage. This can usually be confirmed by using a volt meter while briefly disconnecting the positive lead from the charging source simulating a fully discharged battery. This would command 15.4v max charge. Running the charger like this for an extended time could cause damage.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

The banks were at 19.5 C, so I think it is not temperature related.
Regards, Don

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
It may have been limiting due to temperature. I know those will do well over that voltage for equalization.
-- Chris Bryant