cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maximum length of sewer hose?

SFVdave
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using Sewer Solution kit for over a decade to dump at home. It uses a lot of water. We are having our sewer line replaced and the plumber is putting in 2 clean outs. What is the maximum length sewer hose can use. There will be sufficient slope on one but the length is probably 30+ feet. I see the max hose length sold is 20 feet.
I know I can put 2 together to make it longer, but what is too long?
29 REPLIES 29

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
Similar to what others have mentioned, I used about 30' thin wall PVC to get from my driveway to cleanout. I glued a 90* elbow and short pipe on one end to set into cleanout. On the other, I used a short piece of regular RV sewer hose and clamps so I can easily attach my 10' hose. After dumping, I rinse fresh water down the PVC pipe, tilt up to drain and store under back porch which is next to the cleanout.

Works like a charm and makes tank maintenance a breeze or dumping after weekend of tailgating with no dump station.
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
Over the holidays we went Redneck style with 30' of 4" black hard sewer hose running across my brothers lawn to his cleanout. We used our 20' flex to connect for a total of 50' of sewer line above ground. Worked great for the 3 weeks we stayed. As long as you have the elevation drop and neighbors who won't call the city.
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

SFVdave
Explorer
Explorer
Boy, the stuff you people come up with. I have been using my sewer solution for almost 10 years now with no problem. It goes 35 feet and UP 30 inches with NO problem to a bathroom cleanout on the side of my house. It uses a lot of water especially when I give the black tank a good flush. NO, I can't use a macerater. My MH's sewer terminal end is in a compartment with a 6 inch hatch, NO room.
Using my house's new sewer line cleanout will work fine by backing into my MH into my driveway . Stopping with the MH even with the cleanout would be just like using a dump station everywhere. I asked the question of how long a sewer hose can be is because I wanted the option of dumping from the usual spot atop the driveway. I normally pull forward into the driveway very close to a hedge on the leftside, thus allowing access to the MH's right rear door.
I will buy a 20 foot and 10 foot sewer hose and connected them. I have an extra elbow and will attach that to the end. I'm sure now looking at it, it will work fine.

starlord
Explorer
Explorer
A few years back I was at a Van Nationals which was being held at a fairgrounds. Had the daughter and grandkids with us so every few days the tank needed dumped. The sewage dumper missed us on his rounds and we needed to dump the tank bad. Well, I went around to the other folks that had RVs and borrowed four twenty foot lengths to add to my thirty feet of hose. Looked like something out of the movie RV when I had it put together (without the leaks) and I had to 'walk' the dump to the sewer cleanout all those feet away and not even downhill, but it worked. Shortly there after I got a maserator pump in case I ever had to do it again.

dverstra
Explorer
Explorer
Sagecoachdriver wrote:
The plumber is installing the replacement sewer line tomorrow with a clean out near the bottom of my driveway about 8 feet away. It will be 35 feet from where I park the MH normally at the top. I can back the MH into the driveway and be 10 feet away from the sewer clean out for dumping only.

I had the plumber install a PVC line near my motorhome spot with a screw on fitting for my sewer hose. Priceless! After reading that you were near the end of the driveway, I had a picture of Randy Quaid holding the sewer hose at Chevy Chases house in Christmas Vacation, I think?
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator
2013 Honda CRV
Returned Peace Corps Volunteer - Sierra Leone

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
35 feet is .. Well, that is 2 of my 4 houses (I have 2 10's a 15 and a 20).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
You said that you have sufficient slope to the cutout and want to know the max length of hose you can use. The answer is that, in theory, there is no maximum length with enough slope. 10 ft., 1000 ft. makes no difference it will drain if you are patient enough.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
I'm waiting for someone here to do a write up on the max. feet of sewer hose one could use! LOL

I would not want to be one of the testers!
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Here's your answer, answer

Well he probably won't read this, my error. He solved it without reading the instructions.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
Why not let the plumber run a line to where you park the RV.
I use my Macerator pump for difficult situations but you need something permanent.
Marvin
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

SFVdave
Explorer
Explorer
The plumber is installing the replacement sewer line tomorrow with a clean out near the bottom of my driveway about 8 feet away. It will be 35 feet from where I park the MH normally at the top. I can back the MH into the driveway and be 10 feet away from the sewer clean out for dumping only.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I've pumped 50 feet with my macerator, and up three feet with no problem. Although I have used a larger than normal diameter hose.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
grampachet wrote:
If you put a water meter on your rv you will find as i did that the sewer solution does not use that much water. The SS will run over thirty feet and actually work with a rise of two or three feet.

I will bet genuine money it uses more than my macerator which normally pumps 50 feet, can pump 100 and higher too (Though I've not tried that yet)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
I think the OP doesn't want to use the Sewer Solution because it uses a lot of water.
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club