cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Most "Effective" Front Door Mat?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I do not wear slick bottom dress shoes. Nor heavy cleated boots. (Running shoes). Mud nor leaves are a problem but I sure would like to leave small debris and dust outside (the rig).

Am I wasting my time searching for something more effective than those brown bristle-type mats?
14 REPLIES 14

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Rain is a problem. But the mat has an overhang and puddles would soak it. I have a basin to rinse dirty bare feet. Two drops of dish washing liquid added for two liters, works like magic on salty sandy feet.

Emitters of "Dog Noises" stay outside. In Mexico there are so many sand fleas and no-see-ums not even proper treatment with behind the neck flea control stops hitch-hikers. Therefore only stick & bricks bow-wows.

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
We carry something like this. Works better for us than a mat which you have to brush your shoes on because that happens automatically when you walk to the door. And, our dogs aren't going to bother using a mat.:D

Only problem is dealing with it if you have to pack up after a rain.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
YES! "Great Minds" !!

That $50 mat just flattens my enthusiasm. Er, I mean starvation budget...a shame because it may outperform anything else on the planet...

But that! The fifteen dollar job is right up my alley. Into the shopping cart it goes!

Thank You!

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Here on the west coast we do a lot of Beach and Desert camping.A good mat at the door is a must.

The best mat that I have ever used for keeping sand and debris at bay is one of
These

Check out the video.

Great minds think alike! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here on the west coast we do a lot of Beach and Desert camping.A good mat at the door is a must.

The best mat that I have ever used for keeping sand and debris at bay is one of
These

Check out the video.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Or slip off my shoes outside.

That's what I do. Not quite outside. Van has a step inside the entrance door and I leave my shoes there. Does Quicksilver have a sunken step inside that would be the same? Or leave them on a mat inside, or in a tray... whattaya need shoes for in the rig anyway?
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah if I would pay fifty dollars for shoe cleaning she would come running with a bristle brush and sponge.

Or slip off my shoes outside. Stick my feet into paper sandals and whack the gong as I enter.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Our 24 x 32 inch one pictured above was $16 at Home Depot. It's heavy ( about 3-4 lbs ) but rolls up to go underneath the coach for travel.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Grassworx Clean Machine door mats. They are like stiff fake grass or astroturf, best I can describe 'em. I got one about 3-4 months ago for the sliding door entry from the back yard. It has helped keep the kitchen floor so much cleaner. Your post made me realize, I hadn't shaken it out once since putting it down. It looked just fine on the floor but when I turned it over I could not believe how much stuff came out of it! HD has 'em for $11-$13, or about $15 on amazon.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

landyacht318
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the 32$ ( then) version at 32x24". Well worth it, imo. There are cheaper thinner versions, I linked the one I purchased rather than trying to squeeze a flatulent aztec for you.

Home despot has a recycled rubber mat I like too for about 10$, but it does not clean ones feet as well. Requires more effort to wipe ones feet where the fingers require little to none. It still had the stinky rubber smell until UV light and dawn dishsoap broke down the mold release agents.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Ummm I was a little embarrassed to encounter fifty two dollars for a mat. Under achiever pension grade income. I eat leftovers and cut out newspaper coupons (cyber)

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
A 24" x 24" (commercial grade) carpet tile works great. When it gets a bit dirty just bang it on tree to clean the debri off.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the above mat. Works great. Got ours at Home Depot
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

landyacht318
Explorer
Explorer

Heavy Duty Fingertip Scraper Entrance Mat

mine works better than anything else I've tried. Mine is about 3/4 to 7/8 thick. Kind of heavy, kind of stinky when it first arrived.

Stink is long gone. can't see any wear. Each fingertip still intact.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dlawngarden&field-keywords=Crown+MASR42BK+