5. Body Color: White
6. New Cree Convex Lens
7.Material:Material: Hi-impact Aluminum Housing
8.Lens material:PMMA
9.Mounting Bracket: Stainless Mounting Hardware
10.Life Span:50000H
11.Dimensions:42inch
12.Amp Draw(DC):33A /12V , 17A / 24V
13.Beam Type:: Spot &Flood Beam Combo (12F/56S/12F)
14.Theoretical Lumens Output: 40000LM
15.Operating Lumens Output: 36000 LM
16.Weight: 6kg (Per Unit Included The Box)
17.Size:1059x88x78mm
18.The high performance of tight waterproof,dustproof,quakeproof.
19.Anti explosion

Naw, it ain't a joke. New technology OSRAM chips. Gotta feed this mutha with 10 gauge wire. An 80-ampere TYCO relay is on the way. The light this bar produces is insane. No using in hilly or curvy conditions. Dim lights when oncoming car is 2 miles away (another - not a joke). Dang near weaponized lighting.
18 REPLIES 18

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Think of my eyesight, my night vision like you would the quality of Harbor Freight tools. They even have a lifetime warranty. Most times after dark I see perhaps a total of three oncoming cars in 55-miles. Cattle color ranges from fresh patch Black To aged chip seal Gray. Then there are the Berrendos that cross the highway speeding at 45mph. Did I mention the potholes where a person can stop, get out and bend an ear and hear faint strains of Cantonese?

I remember my uncle's ranch in Montana where the '56 Chevy half ton was trailered back to. Charley the Blackfoot ranch hand tangled with a steer. The 6-cyl engine was pushed back until it squashed the seat against the rear cushion. Charley played Superman through the windshield and probably because his blood was potentially flammable, ended up with mere cuts and bruises. Such an encounter with a tin canK car would probably leave horns protruding through the back bumper.

MrWizard
gatorcq wrote:
and i bet it is only for OFF_ROAD use

Already stated that's the only legal use in the USA

But he is in Rural Mexico where cattle and burros wander on the unlighted back roads, he wants to see them before he hits them
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
Why not go BIG and get the 480W unit?

Those are for the backup lights. ๐Ÿ™‚
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
I get it!

Buy 480 watt bar

See more

Alternator slow down engine

Car not go as fast

Absolutely safer driving

Impeccable logic!
Glad you got it. What's another 80 watts among friends?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I get it!

Buy 480 watt bar

See more

Alternator slow down engine

Car not go as fast

Absolutely safer driving

Impeccable logic!

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Why not go BIG and get the 480W unit?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
and i bet it is only for OFF_ROAD use
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Mount this light just inside your passenger door. Use a switch to turn it on automatically as part of your alarm system. Blind the intruders!

It is sort of like the 2 gigawatt camera flash that Martin Frasier had on the TV show Frasier.

Good luck!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

hbski
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
......Torx security bolts.......torx security dome head bolts

FYI - I installed all my lights on my Jeep with security hardware........didn't stop 'em from stealing them unfortunately

but that still looks like a nice burner you have there!
'06 Dodge 3500 4x4 QC LB DRW
Ride-Rites, Hellwig, Torklift Tiedowns, Fast Guns, Superhitch
'07 Okanagan 117DBL

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I can say this thing outputs near as much light as a thousand watt metal halide fixture of which I have experience only with Hubbell. I am going to check out a downside up visor that keeps the hood dark as night. Light scatter isn't bad but man alive even the faintest of skirts is distracting. I want to light up those asphalt-tinted cattle. And now transplanted antelope. Burros are smarter than horses but I saw a little Nissan awhile back that splatted a badger. Major big-league damage to grill, A/C condenser and radiator
I am going to power the bar up only at 30 mph and faster. Something is nagging at me re the wattage verus the heatsink area relationship. White powdercoated aluminum. Powercoating does BTU no favors. Wish it had come anodized black. Oh well.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Cool project, Mex!

The other neat thing about LED's is watching the confusion in the bulb Dept at Home Depot. The rapid changeover to LED technology has left most consumers looking for help when purchasing new bulbs.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
I too love LED lights. I used to be rather heavy into hobbyist side of design and engineering, not so much now. In the good old days, I had phone numbers for engineers at Lumileds and got to test some of their products before commercial release, they had an office only a few hours from here and would actually stop to say hi when passing through town ... then they got bought out by Philips, reorganized and well, I was told I could buy my samples like everyone else ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I remember when LED's were dim little things you had to shade to see if they were lit.. Just now I have a 5 meter sliced and diced strip in one of the fixtures (Formerly Florcesent twin 15 watt) this thing runs on a 7 watt wall wart (or in my case on house power) and I do believe it's way more light than the 30 watts of florcesent's it replaced.

Keyboardist at Church sits in a kind of dark corner and complaned about the lighting.. So last week I took in a shorter strip and plugged it in and.. Lit up her life.. I think the strip is around 3 watts. The light around 60 (incandescent equivalent) Modern LEDs are IMPRESSIVE and they are improving them daily.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Phish Network No.

See those mounting ears?
Going to be replaced with 1/4" stainless feet
Torx security bolts.
Stainless 1/4" nutserts into the roof also using torx security dome head bolts.
Red locktite.
The Spandex cover is being custom sewn up as I type. I need to get some polyethylene cross-link wire to run up the door post. Tough insulation.

Push-push stainless button switch on dash. Push to enable Klingon Disruptor with high beams, push again to disable. Latching relay to control Bosch relay.

PROVEN. Lit up a yellow diagonal highway sign at 2.3 miles. Eduardo said he could see the sign at 3.1 miles but it was lost to my eyesight. I definitely can see any color cow at +1.0 mile, even those 50' off the pavement. Freakin' light is amazing.

The Spandex cover, plus a disconnected weatherproof socket and plug makes me immune to CHP tickets when I cross into revenue enhancement land. A hundred watt motion detector with 105db screamer will give the light-fingered light and music to dance by in my driveway.

But the Borg comes first the Disruptor can wait.