cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Lance TT Has Water Leaking Problems!

carylmarx
Explorer
Explorer
Hello!
My wife and I just purchased our first camper, a 2019 Lance 2185, a month ago. I wish we could say we're in love with it, but we've been having trouble with the shower leaking and water running into the living area from under the entertainment center! Upon open the hatch under the shower and under the entertainment center, we found pools of water!

We were led to believe that Lance was a superior brand, so we didn't expect to have this kind of sloppy issue. To further compound the problem, the soonest we can get it fixed under warranty is a month from now. Guess there goes our summer plans!

What recourse do we have? Obviously, water damage is a major killer of RVs and even if the leaks are fixed, how do we know there aren't other water related damage/mold?

Has anyone else had these kind of issues with newer Lance campers?

Caryl and Anna Hornberger
Fresno, CA
8 REPLIES 8

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
Try giving Lance a call. They may take a look at it in their facility in Lancaster, CA. I haven't been there since the ownership change but in the past they were helpful and had a good supply of parts to fix just about anything on the spot.

troubledwaters
Explorer III
Explorer III
A leaking shower doesn't have to end your summer plans. Most campgrounds have a bath house for taking a shower.

Sea_Six
Explorer
Explorer
Same thing happened in my first travel trailer. I looked under the tub pan and found that the fitting wasn't even finger-tight.

I secured it properly and it stopped leaking.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Many RV manufacturers will allow you to use an independent RV shop or mobile RV tech. You just have to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.
Sad to say but even million dollar Motorhomes have quality issues.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry to hear about the water leak in your new rig, unfortunately in the RV industry brand name does not mean much since they are all hastily thrown together. A quick search online indicates all RV manufacturers are prone to building issue laden rigs, some are glaringly obvious, others remain hidden under casual usage. Hopefully it is a simple fix, maybe a fitting that is not quite tight enough, although having water getting all the way to your entertainment center would certainly be alarming to say the least.

Been RVing for over a couple of decades and have learned to do the repairs and maintenance myself, that way I can ensure it is done properly and expeditiously. Thankfully our entry level rigs have only had very minor issues and have never been back to the dealer, although the dealer did provide the parts required when still under warranty. Brand name is about 5th on my list when shopping RVs, floor plan, cargo carrying capacity, dealer service reputation, and manufacturer's compliance with resolving warranty issues lead our list.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
if you left it at the dealer? go get it, put fans in there to dry things out. its not a car ,your pretty much 0n your own for repairs even new ,a good rv tech is worth his money.most of them have years of exoerience where your dealer mech was flippin burgers last week.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
As said probably a minor issue. The sad reality of the RV world is that they are not subject to lemon laws, and as you have found, even the best manufacturers have their issues. it's very typical to have a dealer keep a unit a months or longer to fix warranty issues.

Learning how to fix things yourself is probably your best bet. Chances are very good the water is superficial and there is no real damage.

You might also consider joining the Lance Owner's Community.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
call a local rv tech in your area ,could be just a loose fitting. they come to you, cheaper and much faster than a dealer some do warrenty work. just my .02cts lance is a very good brand ,but things happen. if your handy you might do some looking on your own.