cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Yamaha EF2200IS

Latner
Nomad
Nomad
Anyone have one of these yet? Tired of lugging the 3200w around, might give one of these a try.

Yamaha
16 REPLIES 16

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
I just went to the Honda dealer to sign up for the recall part today, a fuel shut off switch that โ€œmayโ€ leak. Could be 3-4 weeks to get the part and have replaced for free.

I have owned the 2000i previously and can attest that the 2200i is WAY more powerful which really matters at altitude.
I have done testing with 13,500 AC that would not run on the 2000 but will run on the 2200i on eco mode.

From my Honda letter the affected serial numbers are
EAJT-1000001 to EAJT-1005474
EAMT-1000001 to EAMT-1260796

Latner
Nomad
Nomad
SoundGuy wrote:
Latner wrote:
I can't find any info if honda has started selling the 2200 again, anyone? I see some for sale on cl and fleabay, but I assume those are probably recall.

The recall involves variations of the EU2200i of specific serial numbers so any with a serial number outside that range would not be subject to the recall.

Thx. that's what I was thinking. I asked a couple of sellers for serial #'s, but apparently they think by giving those out they are giving away top secret info?!

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Latner wrote:
I can't find any info if honda has started selling the 2200 again, anyone? I see some for sale on cl and fleabay, but I assume those are probably recall.

The recall involves variations of the EU2200i of specific serial numbers so any with a serial number outside that range would not be subject to the recall.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Latner
Nomad
Nomad

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
theoldwizard1 wrote:
philh wrote:
I went with Westinghouse 2500. Haven't used it yet, but it does have great reviews.

More power, costs less (Amazon $649)

I would like to hear more first hand reviews iGen 2500 vs Predator 3000

SWMBO ordered it from Home Depot for $599.

I hope to try it out this weekend.

Funny side story, I was wondering when we might actually do some dry camping... and she's quietly working on setting up a get together at a friends farm for a camping/smoking/shooting weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
duplicate

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
I went with Westinghouse 2500. Haven't used it yet, but it does have great reviews.

More power, costs less (Amazon $649)

I would like to hear more first hand reviews iGen 2500 vs Predator 3000

Latner
Nomad
Nomad
pnichols wrote:
Also ... note it's specified noise range of 57 dBA up to a maximum of 65 dBA ... while the Honda EU2200i's noise spec ends at a full power noise level of 57 dBA. That's quite a difference between the two generators.

Doesn't the Yamaha cost about the same as the Honda?

Depending, yami can be $150 - $200 less. Not sure about the noise level, do they all use the same sound testing location/company, or is it done in-house?

I would really like to see a side by side test.

Latner
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks all for the input. I question why Yami would knowingly put an undersized engine in their genny when they are in direct competition with big red?? Getting more hp from less cc's??

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also ... note it's specified noise range of 57 dBA up to a maximum of 65 dBA ... while the Honda EU2200i's noise spec ends at a full power noise level of 57 dBA. That's quite a difference between the two generators.

Doesn't the Yamaha cost about the same as the Honda?
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
3 tons wrote:
SoundGuy wrote:
Latner wrote:
Anyone have one of these yet? Tired of lugging the 3200w around, might give one of these a try.

Yamaha

Has the same size 79 cc as the 2K version, the Honda EU2200i has a MUCH larger 121 cc engine. Personally I'd take red over blue. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Note too that the Honda 2200 series has a commercial grade engine with a longer warranty, whereas the previous Honda 2000 did not..This, without a price increase caused me to trade up...

Commercial grade engine sounds like advertising fooey to me.

Fooey?? Youโ€™re free to believe whatever you like, but this is what the fooey merchants at Honda say over on their power-sports website:

Honda GXR120 Engine - Commercial grade reliability

The EU2200i is powered by the Honda GXR120 Commercial Series engine. The GXR120 delivers exceptionally quiet, smooth, fuel-efficient performance in a small, lightweight package. The size of a generator's engine directly correlates to how much power it can produce. At 121cc, the GXR120 is at the top of its class - ensuring the EU2200 always produces the power you need to get the job done. Originally developed for heavy duty construction equipment, the GXR120 also delivers superb durability and reliability.

Note too that it is backed with a three year warranty...

Not to disparage other generator makes - Just to Clarify

3 tons

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
3 tons wrote:
SoundGuy wrote:
Latner wrote:

Yamaha

Has the same size 79 cc as the 2K version, the Honda EU2200i has a MUCH larger 121 cc engine. Personally I'd take red over blue. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Note too that the Honda 2200 series has a commercial grade engine with a longer warranty, whereas the previous Honda 2000 did not..This, without a price increase caused me to trade up...

Commercial grade engine sounds like advertising fooey to me.

I ran a Yamaha Inverter for 12 years with no issue and I used it around the farm as well as the RV and sold it for just a couple hundred less than what I paid for it. Good return investment.

I have a Champ now, 4 years in, no issues at all. Bought the Champ with the Ymm proceeds and had funds left over to take the Missus to dinner at a fancy beanery.

Far as I'm concerned, they are all good but Honda is overpriced.

We could go on for pages extolling the virtues of different brands. Bottom line with me is price and longevity. Honda has the longevity but the price, no way.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Latner wrote:

Yamaha

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
SoundGuy wrote:

I agree, for the similar price I'd choose red, with the bigger engine. Are the Honda 2200s back on the shelf yet, or anyone heard when?

I bought a new Champ 2K, with an 80cc engine, for a much lower price. While it is a nice, quiet, smooth runner, I don't think it would power up nearly as much as the Honda 2K in the recent thread (FYI about Honda 2K).

Jerry