cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No electricity in RV

smpsmpsmp
Explorer
Explorer
My 5th wheel (Winnebago Lite5) was parked for a couple of months at my home. It was connected to shore power with surge protector. Fridge quit working so had a new one installed and it worked great parked in the driveway. On this trip, turned on fridge using propane and the wires were burned. So, fridge isn't working now. The wires were then disconnected. I now have no power in the trailer. I've flipped the circuit breakers. Any ideas? Also, any idea if fridge rewriting will be a huge deal? Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
YOu have two power systems in the RV, 12 volt (Really 13.6) and 120 VAC.

Are BOTH systems down? or just one, if so which one

12 volt runs lights, Water pump, Furnace, Slides and jacks, and control power to Water Heater, Fridge and A/Cs (in most cases, nto all)
120 volt runs A/C.s Electric side of water heater and fridge, Microwave and TVs.

Some RV's have a 3rd (inverter) systrem, this is where 12 volts run 120 volt ac devices (usually just the TV but mine also runs the Microwave)

OFten, as you comn off the battery, there is a fuse or circuit breaker (Required in fact) this fuse or breaker may be a bit hard to find, if a breaker may be self-resetting or manual reset. Follow the wires. (Assuming it is the `12 volt system out of comission).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Start at the pedestal, power? If no, you have your problem.

If yes, check both sides of the RV's main breaker, one side should have power. If no, the problem is the cord/connections between it and the pedestal.

If yes, the other side should have power. If no, the breaker is bad.

If yes, keep going down the line checking every connection until you find where you have no power. The problem is between the last "power yes" and the first "power no."
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

MrWizard
LP fridge still needs 12v from battery/converter to power the controls

sounds like something in the power control center
a loose connection on the 120v input power ?

rewiring for the fridge is going to depend on what wires burned and why
and how hard to pull new DC power wires from the power center to the fridge
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s