cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold Model 611 Fridge problem

JayNewbieRV
Explorer III
Explorer III

My Norcold model 611 (2007) does NOT get very cold when it’s on gas; but works fantastic when it’s plugged in to the Shoreline. 
Any trouble shooting ideas that can help solve this problem???

Appreciate your responses and thank you😊

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

GarryHarrison4
Explorer II
Explorer II

Check and clean the burner and orifice for any blockages, and ensure the gas pressure is adequate. If issues persist, consider having the gas regulator inspected or replaced.

View solution in original post

Vintage465
Nomad
Nomad
  • The newer fridges are much more sophisticated than the units I worked on when I worked for our family RV shop.  I've not read up on how the current thermostats commands the flame to kick on and off, and I'm not able to comment on how to check out the operation and confirmation that the 'stat is good.  Back then it was simple.  But these few things are still valid:
  • 1. Check gas pressure,
  • 2. Make sure the burner and jet are clean and you have a good flame,
  • 3. The flu must be clean and clear so heat can draw up and get a good draft
  • 4. Make sure that the roof vent is clear.
  • Rodents used to cause problems when they'd build nests in or above the flu outlet
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

KDretired
Explorer II
Explorer II

I had a similar issue, found that spiders like putting their eggs in little "cotton balls" in the burner area. Cleaned those out and solved that problem by putting Chestnuts in the burner area. No more spiders.. In fact I have chestnuts in all my cupboards and passthrough. Maybe and "old wives tale" but it works. 

11 REPLIES 11

bonron1998
Explorer
Explorer

You have an old unit, 15 years is a long time. check for any blockage up the flu and barring that, you're gonna have to replace the unit or get a cooling unit upgrade from JR Refrigeration in Indiana. Look him up on facebook/utube, I used his services on a previous motorhome, worked great. Good luck 

KDretired
Explorer II
Explorer II

I had a similar issue, found that spiders like putting their eggs in little "cotton balls" in the burner area. Cleaned those out and solved that problem by putting Chestnuts in the burner area. No more spiders.. In fact I have chestnuts in all my cupboards and passthrough. Maybe and "old wives tale" but it works. 

I cleaned the burner before I went out this weekend with my RV and while using the gas, the freezer worked outstanding but the refrigerator is still not cooling down; any troubleshooting ideas that can help me out???

Thank you, and I appreciate any help!!!

Hello, you didn’t say how old the frig/coach is but if we’re talking 8-10 years or more then I’m afraid your frig is dying of old age. You probably have a blockage in the system. I had the same issues many years ago. If you’re handy with tools you could order a new cooling unit and change it out ( YouTube it) or you might find a replacement on Craig’s list or Facebook. The change out is relatively easy, but buying used could be problematic. Good luck. 

Thank you so much!!!

Vintage465
Nomad
Nomad
  • The newer fridges are much more sophisticated than the units I worked on when I worked for our family RV shop.  I've not read up on how the current thermostats commands the flame to kick on and off, and I'm not able to comment on how to check out the operation and confirmation that the 'stat is good.  Back then it was simple.  But these few things are still valid:
  • 1. Check gas pressure,
  • 2. Make sure the burner and jet are clean and you have a good flame,
  • 3. The flu must be clean and clear so heat can draw up and get a good draft
  • 4. Make sure that the roof vent is clear.
  • Rodents used to cause problems when they'd build nests in or above the flu outlet
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

I cleaned my burner and I have an excellent flame and when I took my RV out for the weekend, my freezer worked outstanding but my refrigerator is not cooling off; any troubleshooting ideas that could help me out???

Thanks, and I appreciate any help!!!

Thank you so much for the troubleshooting ideas; I will definitely start with that and go from there😊🙏

GarryHarrison4
Explorer II
Explorer II

Check and clean the burner and orifice for any blockages, and ensure the gas pressure is adequate. If issues persist, consider having the gas regulator inspected or replaced.

Took my RV out for the weekend and the freezer works outstanding, but the fridge does not work; any troubleshooting ideas for that???

Any info would be greatly appreciated and thank you!!!

Appreciate the response 

I will follow up on this!

Thank u!!!