cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold N7XFR INDICATOR light

Worknplay2017
Explorer
Explorer

The indicator light does not change to amber when switching from shore power to gas .

The unit is brand new . Been installed for 3 hrs..

6 REPLIES 6

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

When you say the indicator light does not change to amber what does happen? Does a light stay on or does it go off? What color is the light?

Does the RV know that it has had the shore power disconnected?
Do you have solar power or an inverter that converts the 12v battery power to 120v AC shore power that is maybe tricking it?
Did you run the stove burners for a minute to purge the majority of the air out of the propane system before switching to gas?
If you push the mode switch does the AC light turn off and only the flame light (looks like a water drop to me) stay on?

Not knowing what your model looks like maybe try this manual. I noticed that page 10 talks about different modes that might be helpful.
Link to manual 

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

I turned the unit on green light comes on and this mode is an automatic electric. I switch the mode from automatic electric to automatic gas the green light continues to stay on. Switch it to manual operation of electric I go outside and unplug the 120 velt power court on the back of the refrigerator. The 120 vote greenlight  Change it to red signifying that I lost a 120 votes. I go back inside change it over to gas manually and it never changes to yellow but ignites the gas burner.  I followed up by putting it back on automatic electric going back outside and unplugging the 120 V power again. The lot remains green and the gas ignites. Never do I see an Amber light in any application. According to the manual it should switch to the Amber light every time it switches to gas.

cathanas
Explorer III
Explorer III

When I turn on my propane tank, I have to light a burner on my stovetop to clear the line before I switch the fridge to gas. After that, it works perfectly.

you should only have to do that if you disconect/turn off both tanks and let it sit for quite a long time.  this also would be an indication of a leak in the system if it is happening in a shorter period of time.  I can take my tanks out of the 5th wheel for a month and put them back in and stuff will fire right up, in the camper not so much.. I have about a week.  so redoing all the fittings will be on my list this winter.  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

The gas is lighting and the fridge is cooling on gas . I verified be " checking the temp of the fridge after being on electric for 48 hrs ( 36*. I then unplugged the fridge from the outlet . After 14 Jr's.  Temp is still at 36 *.

But the green (120 volt ) indicator , stayed green the whole time . . Is this normal . Not according to the manul ( should be amber on gas.)

I do this too and it's good practice. This way you know the line is clear of air before things like the refer, water heater and in our case the generator try to start so they don't go into a lockout. Always surprised how long it takes for LP to make it's way to the stove. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS