cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold Refrigerator Igniter

VAHillbilly
Explorer
Explorer
The manual piezoelectric igniter failed on our Norcold N302 refrigerator . It fails to spark and no longer snaps when pushed so I plan to replace it. I fail to see how to remove it. Turning it does nothing. It looks like the full control panel at the top of the frig must be removed. I have taken the two knobs off and removed the screw attachments at the bottom but still doesnโ€™t want to release.

Any suggestions on how to remove the igniter would be gratefully appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Typically......
Slide fridge out

BUT with an upper sidewall access you MIGHT be able to get to it that way.....course top of fridge should be sealed off with a panel etc so that there is no dead air space

Either way....ignitor has to be unscrewed from that bracket
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

VAHillbilly
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for posting the drawing and parts list. If I am looking at this correctly it appears the igniter is held in place by a bracket and nut behind the panel. To access that it looks like the refrigerator must be slid forward since the control panel is held to the top of the frig by screws that are only accessible when the unit is slid forward. It appears there is a combustion seal that must be maintained to prevent CO from leaking into the living area. My first concern is I might damage the seal if the refrigerator is partially moved out of the cabinet.

As I typically do I over analyze and over complicate projects. There must be a simpler way of changing out the igniter. I donโ€™t have the camper here now to check but do you think it is possible to unscrew the igniter retaining nut using access from the upper outside vent (frig vents through camper wall rather than roof) or is there an easier way to replace the igniter?

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
In order to remove ignitor you have to access backside on control panel
Piezo lighter has a large nut on backside that tightens against panel to hold it in place...

N300 Series Parts Manual
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31