cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

old wedgewood range top

jopes
Explorer
Explorer
I have a old, 1967 sunset camper with a Wedgewood T2122 range in it. The middle burner it leaking propane at the valve from not completely sealing I guess.

Well every place I have called, no one has this valve any more. No longer available.

Other than removing the valve and plugging the supply what other options do I have. I would sure like to keep use of that burner.
2001 Ford F-250 PSD, 6spd, 4x4 waiting for something to pull.
5 REPLIES 5

chipper
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
I cannot recommend this, but in 1967, if a valve like that leaked, the serviceman would take it apart, clean it, and apply new LP rated valve grease, which would make it like new.

Yep, been there ,done that & it worked great.Plumbers grease should be available at plumbing store.Maybe even Lowes etc.
gene

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I cannot recommend this, but in 1967, if a valve like that leaked, the serviceman would take it apart, clean it, and apply new LP rated valve grease, which would make it like new.
-- Chris Bryant

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You might check some RV boneyards,,,, One of them (in fact all of them) will very likely have an older rig with just the valve you need.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

jopes
Explorer
Explorer
yes it is the valve. soapy water shows bubbles out the oriface when the valve is shut off.
2001 Ford F-250 PSD, 6spd, 4x4 waiting for something to pull.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is the propane leaking from the valve itself, or from the manifold or burner tube connection to the valve? If it's the connection between the valve and something else, you may be able to tighten/reseal it.

If it's the valve itself, I guess you're out of luck without kludging some other valve in place (or finding another range to be a parts donor).