cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Plug size to block off propane regulator

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
In the past I had to remove one of my propane pigtails and loan it out for the night so a camper with a bad pigtail could have some heat. My auto changeover valve properly shut off the open port and I had heat off the one remaining pigtail. But I wasn't totally comfortable with just that arrangement and have been thinking about getting a plug to block off the regulator in case something ever happens to one of my Pigtails.

So this past weekend I finally remembered and bought a plug at Home Depot. But before I open the package I wanted to make sure I bought the correct one. The plug I bought is a 1/4in MIP. Is that the correct plug to block off the pigtail hole in the regulator?

Thanks
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup
6 REPLIES 6

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Thanks for the replies. Based on the posts it looks like I'll have to go look for a different plug. I'm in the Home Depot parking lot almost every weekend as it's got a Costco next to it and my wife has to be there constantly.

I could consider a spare pigtail, but the plug is quite a bit cheaper and won't deteriorate if left in the trailer for years.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. ๐Ÿ™‚
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Carry a spare pigtail. If you have to loan one out, loan out the spare.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

msiminoff
Explorer II
Explorer II
The orifices in my LPG regulator are 1/4-NPT... YMMV.
'04 Alpenlite Saratoga 935, 328W of solar, 300Ah Odyssey batt's, Trimetric, Prosine 2.0
05 Ram3500, Cummins,Vision 19.5 w/M729F's, Dynatrac Hubs, RR airbags w/ping tanks, Superhitch, Roadmaster Swaybar, Rancho RS9000XL
The Overlhander Blog

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
which ever works always soap test after you,ve tightened the plug.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are 2 sizes used- 1/4" pipe and 1/4" inverted flair- the inverted flair is more common.
-- Chris Bryant

Bob_Landry
Explorer
Explorer
Open it up and try it. It's only a $.50 plug and you would burn way more than that in fuel to take it back.
2011 Keystone Outback 277RL