cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Plumbing valve configuration

Buckaroo_Billy
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone ever seen or have a valve set-up like this. Where there is a 2 or 3 way valve in the by-pass line?
Can you confirm how it works? Reading my manual it doesn't show a diagram like this.
I'm assuming when it's parallel HOT runs through all HOT lines and when it is turned DOWN parallel with the red Bypass hose HOT water comes out the HOT water heater and DOWN to the blue hose. Does this make sense?
No I have not ran ANY water yet. Just got the camper a few months ago and am still studying everything.

Thank You for your input in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

Buckaroo_Billy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks 2112 that's the explanation I needed. Yes I'm aware of RV antifreeze only
Thanks again.

Y-Guy
Please try to keep on topic and helpful to the OP's question

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome to the forum Buckaroo Billy. Don't be discouraged with the few negative comments. Some people just like to hear their keyboard click (hear themselves talk)

Your valves are currently in winterize mode. To place them in camping mode, turn the two behind the heater from vertical to horizontal and the one with the clear antifreeze hose from horizontal to vertical. Put water in your fresh tank or connect to city water and flush your lines.

MAKE SURE you fill the water heater with water before turning it on. Otherwise the heating element will be destroyed.

The camper winterize antifreeze IS NOT automotive antifreeze. Do Not use automotive antifreeze. There is special, non-lethal antifreeze found at any big box store for this.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Buckaroo Billy wrote:
So if I use City Water I just leave the valve (bottom picture) where it is to isolate the fresh water talk -correct?
Doesn't it need to be OFF to the tank?

No, your Water Pump has a check valve that isolates City Water from the Fresh tank. Your pic shows the CLEAR line(pink antifreeze still in it) as the egress to your Water Pump to suck and pump your system with antifreeze. To utilize the Fresh Tank, you move the handle to be IN LINE. 90 degrees. If you do not, that clear line will allow air to suck IN and your Water Pump will not be able to pull the water out of the Fresh tank. Doug

Buckaroo_Billy
Explorer
Explorer
So if I use City Water I just leave the valve (bottom picture) where it is to isolate the fresh water talk -correct?
Doesn't it need to be OFF to the tank?

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
The valve in the last picture (with clear poly tubing on one leg) appears to be for a winterization port and is turned to use it?
2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
1/4 turn 3 way valves shown in bypass position for winterizing. Bottom valve in picture has handle pointing to the red pipe meaning water is blocked from the blue pipe to the water heater and, instead, diverted to the red pipe.

Upper valve in picture has handle pointing down meaning it is blocking flow from the water heater and, instead, directing water from the red crossover pipe out the upper left red pipe. Upper valve has handle turned to rear to provide reverse flow of valve at bottom.

If both valve handles were horizontal, water would flow straight thru the blue pipes go the water heater and out of the water heater straight thru the red pipes, while blocking flow thru the crossover pipe.

Google 3 way valve to see how they work.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like you have 2, 3 way valves. The bottom valve would be set to allow the water to flow either to the water heater cold water inlet or up the red tubing in order to bypass the water heater when winterizing and flow to the sink and tub faucet hot water valves.

The 2nd valve at the top would be set to allow water to flow from the water heater hot water outlet to the sink and tub hot water valves or from the bottom valve (cold water line) to the sink and tub faucet hot water valves when winterizing.