cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

power surge protector

jtobbe
Explorer
Explorer
After loosing the TV, Microwave, convertor, and an alarm clock to a power surge, I installed a surge protector. It install's permanently in the breaker box. I cut a hole in the cabinet next to the panel so I can see the status lights. Hopefully this helps control any future surges.
2020 F350 dually. Ruby Red, loaded. B&W oem 5th wheel hitch
2017 Sierra 381 RBOK 5th wheel Camper
2011 Glastron 205gt Runabout
7 REPLIES 7

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
HappyKayakers wrote:
Will that unit also protect you from under voltage? Or check ground and neutral status before allowing power to the RV?

Depending on the unit, yes and no. Some will, some won't. Progressive Industries has the best units, IMHO....Dennis

That's why I was asking about that particular unit. I followed his link and the product looks designed for household use. And, as another poster pointer out, for $50 it may be nothing more than a glorified surge suppressor.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
$50! Not sure the capabilities of this product are adequate. You should do a little more research I would suggest.
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I voted with MY money for this unit.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
x2 Dennis.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
HappyKayakers wrote:
Will that unit also protect you from under voltage? Or check ground and neutral status before allowing power to the RV?

Depending on the unit, yes and no. Some will, some won't. Progressive Industries has the best units, IMHO....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of people beleive that this should be done first thing....and even that the Mfgr should install them as part of the RV package.

I just went to a seminar about these, and they really do work, and they mentioned that the only draw-back, is that they take a couple of minutes to allow the voltage to pass through to the RV....something that can be a problem, if DW wants the A/C on right away:B
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ๐Ÿ™‚
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.๐Ÿ˜ž
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets