cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane quick disconnect fittings

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
Wondered if anyone in the forum has used quick disconnect connections on propane low pressure grills. Sturgis hose and ends. If so have you had any problems with the connections sticking internally and not letting gas thru to the grill. I have propane to the bumper connection but the short hose that came with the grill appears to not be flowing thru to grill. Just wack of the ends and install new ones? This hose is brand new but no gurantees is functional I guess. Changed out the valve in stove already for a new one, same deal, no gas.
2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax all stock
1990 950 Shadow Cruiser Hard side multiple add-ons
Ancient Valco 10'x5' John boat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
One-eyed Trail Horse and one horse trailer
Rocky, Annie, Muffie traveling Fur Babies
10 REPLIES 10

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Moved from the TC Forum.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

bigfootford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I ordered this kit to install my wave. I can disconnect it easily and take it outside or use it elsewhere. A bit expensive but It is all quality parts.

http://www.rvsolarelectric.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=28&product_id=61

So it looks like this.

Here is a link to my install..

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/23544764.cfm

Jim
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
Yup. The ends have been capped since before I got it and purchased newer better ones since. I'm OCD on things like that. Have special enclosed place for short hose as well.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Prevention is key here. Keep those ends super clean and protected next go round
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
Grill is a DDR, obscure brand with little to no information available on the net or with the grill. Came with a Jayco TT my sis bought new. Have called the company and the lady was real nice. Just a poor product I'm thinking. My Coleman Grill Stove works like a champ when hooked to my second on board 20# propane tank directly. Think that's where I'm headed with a 3 port connection before regulator and just add a ball valve for positive shut off and call it good. This stuff is just like people, great when they work, not worth a bullet when they don't!

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
All the grill has is a snap small L shaped valve. I just replaced it as grill company said they'd had problems with it. Problem persists. The gas line had been teed in after the regulator, as was the case with the camper it initially came with. There is gas up to where the short hose plugs in, none after. To test the grill at higher pressure would take changing the end on the hose I use for my Coleman to a quick disconnect, then I'd need an adaptor for that or cut more hose and redo it after the check back to what it was. Expensive and at this point a real pain. Thinking about just trashing this brand new but useless grill,change out the end on the already installed hose to match Coleman and hook up the extended line to tank before regulator and just use it, as it actually works. Just thought the quick disconnect more convenient, but only if it works.

rafrox
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds similar to a problem I'm experiencing. Your grill doesn't happen to be a Coleman NXT Voyager, does it?

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
do you have a regulator on your grill? The problem might be that the propane line on your camper is already 10"WC, and send that to a regulator that is expecting 50psi it might not work.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah,that would be the answer.....if this beg had a Lowe's that stocked these parts or a Home Depot. We're not that fortunate. Not even the camper place keeps them and if they order you something you bought it even if it doesn't work. On the way to Lake Texoma to winterize and pick up boat from repair shop so will have the opportunity to find parts tomorrow on the way back.

allenm
Explorer
Explorer
The quickest and cheapest way to deal with this mismatch is to just go buy a matching pair of fittings at Lowes, Home Deport, etc.