cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quieter - OK, less noisy A/C unit.

eddd
Explorer
Explorer
When I had my truck camper and was doing lots of back country camping I switched out the 13,000 btu AC for a Coleman Polar Cub 8000 btu unit so I could run AC on my Honda 2000. That worked well, but I don't recall how much quieter the Coleman was compared to the original

Moving forward to now, I have a 26' toyhauler with 16' of living space. The camper comes with a Coleman Mach, and it is noisy. I'd like to exchange this unit with a unit that I can run on my Honda, and is significantly quieter. If both requests are not possible, I'd just go for a really quiet unit and forget trying to run on the generator.

Any suggestions for a standard roof mount that is quiet and will run off the Honda?

How about a quiet one I can use on shore power?

Thanks
2002 KZ Sportsman Toyhauler
2 REPLIES 2

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to find something quieter, be careful of the Coleman Mach 8 ACs.

There has been quite a bit of discussion on the Casita Forum (You have to sign up to read) regards to the SPL levels, particularly outside the trailer since Casita switched to the new AC. Enough that Coleman is designing a new fan blade...

Whiskeyjack44
Explorer
Explorer
Over the years I've had 2 Coleman 13,500 A/C's and 2 Dometic 13,500's. I had better luck with the Colemans and they seemed some quieter. I recently had a Polar Cub in a 16' TT. It was quieter than any of the 13,5's, cooled the trailer well, though it took awhile to bring the temperature down, and ran well on my 2000 Yamaha inverter the few times I used it. But, yes, my P/C was quieter. I'm soon taking possession of a new 20' TT with the Advent A/C (Chinese Dometic knockoff). I'm looking forward to how that's going to work out for me-noise, dependability, and performance.