cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

refridge bit the dust.....

tboss
Explorer
Explorer
While removing the heater element on my norcold refer it took a lot of pressure to break the element loose and in the process I started to smell the dreaded scent of ammonia, Well I knew what the smell meant ,,It means I can finally go to Lowes and purchase the 10-11 cu ft refer that I have been looking at ever sense my last trip out and discovered that my refer was not cooling as it should. The old Norcold had cooled its last coors or bud lite ..I have been checking the net to find the best bargain in small refers. Lowes has the best deal...now has anybody ever used the brand ((HAIER)) from Lowes..My unit is a Coachman 1993 santara ,,,sooo it lasted a long time so I wont complain ..
23 REPLIES 23

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Well whle going to a residential unit is a cheap fix consider how it will effect your resale value? Also when traveling what then? How will you keep the door closed? You may already have these figured.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

DaHose
Explorer
Explorer
I don't remember what brand regular home fridge I bought, but it was from Home Depot. It's worked great for me so far and I have now added an inverter to the mix.

Jose

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced a Norcold N841IM with the Haier 10.3 cu ft refrigerator in July of 2014. So far, it has worked perfectly, and cools very quickly after first turning the unit on. It was a perfect fit without modifications.

The current Lowes spec for Haier shows 10.1 cu ft, so check your dimensions carefully.

There are several Haier RV installations illustrated in the link below:
Haier refrigerator installations

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gdetrailer wrote:
GENECOP wrote:
I had a new Haier fail after 7 months....They have bad reviews I later found out...

:R

EVERYTHING can break down prematurely..

ANYONE can write bad reviews.. It IS the nature of the beast.

My Haier is going on 8 yrs of use, cost a fraction of a RV fridge so if it dies I am out very little money compared to another RV fridge.

True, but I like to hedge my bets and choose products that have good ratings in general..Amazon is a good source for unbiased reviews, here is Consumer reports on Haier.....

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/haier_refrigerators.html

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
GENECOP wrote:
I had a new Haier fail after 7 months....They have bad reviews I later found out...

:R

EVERYTHING can break down prematurely..

ANYONE can write bad reviews.. It IS the nature of the beast.

My Haier is going on 8 yrs of use, cost a fraction of a RV fridge so if it dies I am out very little money compared to another RV fridge.

MrWizard
Ours is an Avanti fridge, I was shopping by size and the lovely 197 Samsung would not fit
Anyway it's is now five years old and still working like new
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Haier is probably built in the same plant as so many other Chinese brands. We are on our third year with an everkool that sits outside our trailer door every day we are away, including a snowy winter spent in the Columbia river gorge. Bought it online from compact appliances. Delivered within three days. I move it in and out, plug it in and load it full of stuff. Never given me one problem.

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II