cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Remote control

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all . We picked up our new 2015 Cougar 28sgs fifth wheel last week and it came with a remote control for some items , such as slides, awning , leveller and outside lights. Now i thought that the docking lights were supposed to turn on with the remote along with the outside light that is above the door but it doesn't, I was sure that it came on when I first tried it and also when the pdi was done , but it is one of those things that seems to escape my memory when we went through the whirlwind of thoughts when we picked it up. I have tried every way possible to get them to come on with the remote but to no avail they will come on with the switch on the outside but not the remote. Is this something new ? or am I just an idiot and am doing something wrong? or could there be a problem with the remote/ receiver. Thanks
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl
2010 GMC Savanna 3500 extended 6.0
13 REPLIES 13

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
shepstone wrote:
http://www.lci1.com/linc-remote-systems
That'l be next.

Yep, that's the remote that came with my trailer. (Without the auto-level). They can be programmed to control up to 8 functions.

Funny thing is, I bought the trailer sight-unseen, so was not aware that it existed until pickup. Would never have ordered it, but now that we have it ... I use it mostly with the stab jacks and making sure the slide-out doesn't hit anything.
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.lci1.com/linc-remote-systems
That'l be next.
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
LOL
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Tin_Pusher
Explorer II
Explorer II
But can you work it all with your smartphone? ๐Ÿ™‚
Tin Pusher's Guide To Successful RV'ing: "Don't get mad, don't get in a hurry"

2002 1500HD
2002 Wilderness 265H
1997 Seadoo GTI
1952 Wife;)

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
It will dim the lights, but gazebo is on a separate circuit and has to be raised manually. I think the newer models will incorporate the gazebo into the remote's capabilities.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
Ok for those others who may have the same question, I called the dealer and they said that the front docking lights (the l e d's over the hitch ) dont come on with the remote. Thanks all

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The rooftop gazebo will the remote raise it and dim the lights...?

Just joking...I think...

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
My remote controls the outside lights near the doors. But it's in series with interior switches, so these have to be ON for the remote to work as you expect. Nice when you arrive at the campsite late at night.

But my hitch lights are not controlled by the remote. Their switch is in the pass-thru.

One of the first things that went belly-up on the trailer was this remote (it's a Lippert product). But Outdoors RV quickly sent me a new one. It had to be synced with the controller (tucked away behind the radio) but afterwards it has been working fine.

Awning, lights, slide, stab jacks are all on it.

Especially convenient when lining up the stab jacks with their pads.

But it's sort of decadent to be lounging outside and decide that the awning should be opened for shade ... click.
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have a similar remote for our Fuzion, and it doesn't turn on/off our docking lights either. Ours has a label on the remote for each function button. We thought it was pretty cool at first, now it gets hung on the hook and mainly forgotten. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies I guess the next step will be to call the dealer. Its actually a pretty cool feature, I can stand outside and open and close all the slides and awning and also level up the trailer either manually or press auto level, and I can also raise or lower the front jacks from inside the truck when backing into the fiver's hitch pin.

GASMAN6674
Explorer
Explorer
I had a remote for my V-cross bumper pull, It did not control the docking light.
hope this helps
Jim & Debbie England
Do you have Gas? Propane Exceptional Energy
2015 F350 CCLB 6.2L/4:30 Vermilion Red
2020 Cougar 364BHLGone but not forgotten 2012 Ridgeline 34RLT fifth wheel/2012 V27FK V-Cross TT

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Just a guess because the only remote I have is for the television. Maybe you have to turn on the switch inside and then use the remote to turn off/on.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
This is a post I never imagined we would see on an RV Forum....kind of like when I first saw a kid on a skateboard talking on a cellphone.

I would call the dealer for help, they can probably walk you through troubleshooting steps.