cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Renogy Rover 20

deadticket8
Explorer
Explorer
I am replacing a PWR solar controller with an MPPT controller in my small cargo trailer which is my replacement for a 32' Holiday Rambler! The Morningstar has 3 sets of terminals on the controller. My fuse block is fed off the designated terminals. The Renogy does not have the third set of terminals. I'm thinking of coming off the inverter battery posts. Are there any issues I don't see?
3 REPLIES 3

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
yup just put the "to Battery" to your batteries. as long as there is no miss sized fuse between that and the batteries that could let you have the panels suppling power when the batteries are disconected I dont see an issue.

there should be more than just a temp sensor, mine has the temp sencor, pannels, battery, load and a bluetooth plug. the load is kinda useless for me as it just runs light loads but it is a good option for its controlability if it suits you.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

deadticket8
Explorer
Explorer
There are two for hard wire. One accepts cables from panels and one goes to batteries. I fed my 12 volt fuse block off the third set on the Morningstar. The renogy has some connection for a temperature sensor, which in my opinion is not that useful. I would rather have the other terminals. But the posts accepting my battery cables on the inverter are readily accessible inside the trailer. I guess it would be like feeding it directly off battery.

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
there are three sets on the Renogy, two for the solar cells, two for the battery and teo for a load although it is a small capacity load, I dont use it on mine. which set of termanals are you missing?

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100