cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing Concord TV Antenna

Jacaroo45
Explorer
Explorer
Seeking information/suggestions/feedback on replacing the Concord TV Antenna. It's the original installed equipment on 04 Tradition.
4 REPLIES 4

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replaced mine with a Winegard automatic but they are no longer available. The biggest problem with removing the Concord (Brawn) is that the motor is under the mount and it leave a huge hole in the roof when removed. I was quite surprised that anyone designed this thing that way. I would guess that this is about a 5" hole. The wiring is also not compatible (other than reusing the coax if you choose) so you either need to plan a new wiring run or install something like the Winegard Razar Automatic (dome) which only requires a coax run.
The other option is to simply seal up that big hole and install the Winegard Sensar IV crank up style antenna for the very best reception option. You will just have to look over the roof area to see if there is an area with space available and there is space below that location inside the coach where you can drill a new hole and install the crank handle on the ceiling.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I see the Concord was the antenna on the Air Stream.. Now I do not know if it is the same one but there used to be a company in Battle Creek Mi. one of the engineers was retired from her Majesty's Naval Service (British navy) Submarine service. the joke is "When he designs a seal IT DOES NOT LEAK but alas, that was not his part of the design.. G2CWL was his call.

Do not know about replacing them but the antennas back then were 300 Ohm folded diploe type as I gathered from a story he told

Modern antennas are 75ohm. Conversion is simply they make converters you can get at many dollar stores. (Balun or Transformer on the label).

300 ohm cable is flat.. 2 wires, side by side 75 ohm is round, coaxial.

I would suggest replacing the antenna cables and splitters

Shoudl be easy to do.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the room for it, the Winegard Sensar IV is about the best you can get. The Winegard Razar Z1 or King Jack should both fit in the same footprint. I prefer Winegard as a company and product, but both will be adequate .
-- Chris Bryant

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Donโ€™t know much about the Concord but it seems like it could be replaced with minimal effort with the Winegard Automatic with minimal changes. I bought one and installed it and it does what it says it will do. Press a button and it will find the direction of the most โ€œViewableโ€ channels along with a second best, third best. In my case I found it more frustrating to deal with than my existing Winegard Sensar antenna ONLY because of where the control box is located which is near the floor beside the passenger chair, and had to be a contortionist to use it. I reverted back to the Sensar and thus removed the automatic version. It is currently sitting in my storage building. I may put it up on eBay.

You may find it a good fit for you. PM me if you have any questions.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT