cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing Norcold Refrigerator Controller

treeofliberty
Explorer
Explorer
I have a simple control panel on my Norcold N811 refrigerator, in our 2017 Grand Design Reflection.

20180721_143046 by Tim Walden, on Flickr

I would like to replace this with the Norcold 621988 Optical Control Assembly:

Has anyone performed this swap, and it is a simple replacement, or am I missing something important?

Thanks for the help.

Tim
Tim

2013 F-350 6.7L Diesel, Crew Cab, Shortbed, Andersen Ultimate 2
2017 Grand Design Reflection 29RS, 540 watts of solar, Magnum MS2812 inverter, Bogart Engineering TM-2025 and SC-2030, weBoost 4G-M cell booster
3 REPLIES 3

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Norcold 611V in our Grand Design. After 3 trips to the dealer, a new thermistor, and adjusting the thermistor it kept freezing food in the fridge. I did the board swap - 3 screws and an electrical connector. All is well.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Per Norcold, only certain models can do the Optical upgrade. Usually the Cheaper model Norcolds that have a "V" in the model number may be upgradeable. The V stands for "value Model", (inexpensive) model. Usually on Forest River products. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
I have never heard of swapping a Auto control panel for a Adjustable control panel. Norcold will be the ONLY source to see if the controls and wire harness will interface. You need to e mail Norcold with your pics and question. Doug