Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Residential frig for smaller RV spaces

hbski
Explorer
Explorer
Kenmore 10.7 cu ft frig on sale for $399

This will fit in some TCs and smaller trailers.
'06 Dodge 3500 4x4 QC LB DRW
Ride-Rites, Hellwig, Torklift Tiedowns, Fast Guns, Superhitch
'07 Okanagan 117DBL
8 REPLIES 8

hbski
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
....That's why you loose 6 inches, actually. The door has to be "proud" of the cabinet in order to open.....

Also true except the part about me personally losing 6 inches of floor ๐Ÿ˜‰ My refer "cabinet" is proud of the slide out it resides in, which will just be cut back to only hold the case, leaving the door able to open and me losing just an inch or 2 of floor (and only at the very center of the door).
'07 Okanagan 117DBL

hbski
Explorer
Explorer
jpmihalk wrote:
That looks a lot like the Haier 10.11 cu ft residential fridge we replaced our Norcold with. It fit almost exactly into the space left after removing the absorption fridge and gives us 4 more cubic feet and a door where we can put a gallon of milk.

It is the Whirlpool unit re-badged as Kenmore.
'07 Okanagan 117DBL

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
hbski wrote:
Chris Bryant wrote:
That's pretty big- an inch wider and 6 inches deeper than standard RV models. I'm not sure if a lot of rigs have an extra 6 inches of floor space in front of the fridge.

True, but many absorption refers have more space behind them than this one requires.

That could be a clue as to why they are not working correctly- specs give max of 1 inch clearance, with zero being preferred.

Also the case is only 21" deep, the rest is the door and it is only that deep in the center of the curved door.

That's why you loose 6 inches, actually. The door has to be "proud" of the cabinet in order to open.

Don't get me wrong- that is a nice little unit. There are just some models that are easier to fit, that are 23.5" wide and a couple of inches shallower.
-- Chris Bryant

jpmihalk
Explorer
Explorer
That looks a lot like the Haier 10.11 cu ft residential fridge we replaced our Norcold with. It fit almost exactly into the space left after removing the absorption fridge and gives us 4 more cubic feet and a door where we can put a gallon of milk.
John & Kerri
2016 Thor Hurricane 35C with our pups MacDuff, Piper and Annabelle

hbski
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
That's pretty big- an inch wider and 6 inches deeper than standard RV models. I'm not sure if a lot of rigs have an extra 6 inches of floor space in front of the fridge.

True, but many absorption refers have more space behind them than this one requires. In fact this one could be installed with little space behind if the flue fan is retained to actively move air over the rear mounted coils.

Also the case is only 21" deep, the rest is the door and it is only that deep in the center of the curved door.

space my N821 was in is 25.5" Wide by 27" deep by 61" tall

CA Traveler wrote:
For dry camping this refer will use 77AH per day based on published energy usage so consider battery bank size and how they will be recharged (generator, alternator or solar). It also probably requires a PSW (pure sine wave) inverter vs a MSW (modified sine wave inverter).

yup - definitely not for everyone
'07 Okanagan 117DBL

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
For dry camping this refer will use 77AH per day based on published energy usage so consider battery bank size and how they will be recharged (generator, alternator or solar). It also probably requires a PSW (pure sine wave) inverter vs a MSW (modified sine wave inverter).
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
-- Chris Bryant

MrWizard
measure it, or look it up and get the dimension
it might fit in a TT, measure the space where your current fridge is
when we did ours, the 10cuft would not fit unless i modified the cabinet
but the 8cuft fit with room to spare
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s