cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RF Fridge to Samsung RF 18

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
About 3-4 weeks ago, we traded our 2004 Dutch Star DP and purchased a 2010 Newmar Dutch Aire Model 4304 DP from Motor Homes of Texas in Nacogdoches, Tx. It came with the double door SS Norcold 1200 series rv fridge which I admit is working relatively well. I have not been a supporter of them for some time nor do I trust them. We are scheduled to have it replaced by MH of TX on Oct 15 with the Samsung SS 17.5 cu ft French Door Counter Depth model RF18HFENBSR. Our other choice was a GE 18.6 cu ft French Door Counter Depth model GWE19JSLSS @ $500 more. Over the past several years when the big push started with folks to replace their rv fridges with residential ones, Samsung was mentioned frequently as a choice. Reader comments on the Home Depot website for "both" is all over the board. What have members of this forums experienced reliability wise if the have changed to either the Samsung or GE models I mentioned? Good, bad,???
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487
21 REPLIES 21

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Early learner (1995). And all the money I wasted. Same refrigerator -- thousands of dollars wasted in diesel, tolls and time. Not to mention illness. PTUI!

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
JC2 wrote:
A What have members of this forums experienced reliability wise if the have changed to either the Samsung or GE models I mentioned? Good, bad,???

Started this season with a new Samsung 21 cu. ft. residential refrigerator. It replaced a 13.5 cu. ft. Dometic french door model.

Al I can say is "Sure wish I'd done it sooner".

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Do some reading. I seem to recall many problems with the new models.
-- Chris Bryant

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
These posts have 'residential' and 'samsung' in them. Not sure if any will be of help to you.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Keeping Doors Closed?

Preferred method?

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks donn0128 for the reply. ๐Ÿ™‚

donn0128 wrote:
Dont know about that specific model. But I can tell you our Samsung refer at home has been great. It had to sit in storage for 10 months between houses, but once it was moved in and put together and turned on it has not once stopped working. It is so big I had to remove the base mouldings to get it to fit. Runs like a charm.
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dont know about that specific model. But I can tell you our Samsung refer at home has been great. It had to sit in storage for 10 months between houses, but once it was moved in and put together and turned on it has not once stopped working. It is so big I had to remove the base mouldings to get it to fit. Runs like a charm.