cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roadmaster reflex steering stabilazer

Happy_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a Roadmaste reflex steering stabilizer yesterday. I hope to get a more stable track down the road. Anyone else have experience with this device. I will install myself as it looks stright foreward.

Tks
Jim
Travel Safe - Enjoy
Happy Jim
1999 Holiday Rambler Vacationer
2006 Chevy HHR Toad
11 REPLIES 11

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Not arguing that alignment is not important, but I don't get the importance with respect to installing this device.

You obtain the neutral position when driving straight on a level surface and that's where you want to lock it down. I realize that it would be necessary to disconnect the device, as the front end is being realigned and resetting it after the realignment.

Happy_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Howard
I had rv aligned couple years ago. I have no way to bend or shim the axle alignment anyway
Travel Safe - Enjoy
Happy Jim
2006 Chevy HHR Toad

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Jim wrote:
.... There was not a WOW factor improvement. ....

Seems like you are handy with the tools, you should at least figure out where your caster is set. IMO.

Estimating caster

Happy_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Well got it installed. Installation was not difficult. I did it by pulling front wheels up on two stacked 2x6s. Hand tools, ratchet, sockets and end wrenches. Did the installation from the front as it was easier to get under.

I drove it on a four lane and on a two lane for a few miles. There was not a WOW factor improvement. But There was a feeling that the steering was somewhat tighter and less constant steering input corrections were needed. The RV seemed to track somewhat better.

Would I spend the money again, I would say yes. I will have a better determination when I take to Florida this winter.
Travel Safe - Enjoy
Happy Jim
2006 Chevy HHR Toad

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's what I thought, RSSC for Class C, RSSA for Class A. Now RM's nomenclature makes more sense.

Please let us us know how it works. Anxious to hear your results!
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Happy_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
J d
RSSA is the one I ordered. I haven't started to install yet. I hope the bolts on the Orem are not too difficult to break loose
Travel Safe - Enjoy
Happy Jim
2006 Chevy HHR Toad

LetsRV
Explorer
Explorer
Put one on Class C, E450 chassis. Firmed up handling and would do it again. I was also told it would make a big difference if I had a flat tire....hope I don't have to find out. ๐Ÿ™‚
Due to depreciation the above opinions are now worth less than what you paid for them.

We are all good at something.....
I just happen to be a good bad example.

2016 Forest River Forester 3011DSF

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
I installed one myself in my Phaeton. Managed to get it perfectly aligned the first try. Just find a flat section of concrete or asphalt and mark the steering wheel position when driving straight. Make sure it is in that position when installing the device, no tension in either direction. Hopefully, you won't need any further adjustment. I had to do a little improvising, because the instructions were not exactly correct.

The stabilizer made a big difference in how tired I became after 6 or 7 hours of driving. Lots less steering required. I realized the need for the stabilizer the first time I drove down a road with uneven lanes and found out how difficult it was to change lanes and maintain stability when going from the lower lane to the upper lane. The coach handles pot holes or roadway patches without a problem.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jim, I'm curious. Is the RM part number "RSSA?"
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
FYI: Too little front end + caster will manifest itself as "loose steering" and "wandering" at highway speeds.

epiphone
Explorer
Explorer
I had one installed in May on my gas class A. Huge difference and now am installing 4 bilstien shocks for what will hopefully be a better and smoother ride.
Wayne and my labradoodle Zoe
2013 B+ Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2013 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Sold 2015 Forest River Georgetown 377xl