cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof Antenna warning light stays on

Yochief1948
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 Holiday Rambler Vacationer, On the dashboard is a warning light that the antenna is in the up position when in fact it’s down, Checked wiring on roof and all seems ok, what do I need to check to make light go out when antenna is down.
12 REPLIES 12

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Yochief1948 wrote:
The little box is sealed and no magnet is visible it is the reed switch, they sell ones that look like it on the internet.

The switch is supposed to come to rest near a magnet, which is what activates it. Is that magnet near the switch when the antenna is down?

You can test your existing switch using a magnet. Put it next to the switch and if your warning light goes out, the switch is working.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Yochief1948
Explorer
Explorer
The little box is sealed and no magnet is visible it is the reed switch, they sell ones that look like it on the internet.

Yochief1948
Explorer
Explorer
See below post

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Yochief1948 wrote:
Found the reed switch on the antenna it’s blue 2” square with 2 white wires comming out, only thing on switch is ASSEMtech, found some online but they have different voltages etc, does anyone know which one I need, thanks

Is the switch the problem, or is the magnet missing, as Chris suggested?
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Yochief1948
Explorer
Explorer
Found the reed switch on the antenna it’s blue 2” square with 2 white wires comming out, only thing on switch is ASSEMtech, found some online but they have different voltages etc, does anyone know which one I need, thanks

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
My ole 97 Vacationer surprisingly had a mercury switch on it.

And strangely, the antenna was over the bedroom.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Yochief1948
Explorer
Explorer
Ok thanks, will check it out when I go to MH tomorrow

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
It will be the only thing other than the antenna head with wires running to it. They sometimes look like this:

It needs to wind up next to a small magnet when stowed.
-- Chris Bryant

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Many use the same switches used for home window alarm systems.

Easy for water to get in them and short the contact. Go up and pull it off and go to any alarm/box store for a replacement. Under $10.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Yochief1948
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure what I’d be looking for, is their a picture of this reed switch, thanks

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with Chris, but sometimes the arm on the switch gets out of adjustment. Might need to bend it back in place.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I believe that uses a magnetic reed switch on the antenna leg, I bet the magnet is gone.
-- Chris Bryant