cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shurflo Water Pump Problem

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2005 Bounder has that typical OEM Shurlfo fresh water pump. I must have owned 8 RV's with that pump over the years. Never really had any problems. I recently changed the water filter and now the pump will run for a few seconds every time you turn it on. Some on board filters have a bleed valve at the top but I don't see one on the filter housing. I have checked for leaks and ran every faucet to bleed any air. I flushed the toilet as well. If you turn off the pump overnight when it is turned back on the pump runs for a few seconds until it has built up pressure. But if I leave it on I don't hear the pump cycling. I have not started the washer dryer so there might be some air in that line. Any suggestions?

Moisheh
7 REPLIES 7

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
As long as it doesn't kick on for no reason then I wouldn't worry about it.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I did check the fill valve. Thanks for the replies.

Moisheh

Shadow_Catcher
Explorer
Explorer
I do leak testing with air and a soapy solution (one of the things I did professionally as part of NDT). Pressurize the system to 70 PSI and just let it sit, if you lose pressure you have a leak. That is when you start spraying a thin film of soapy water on joints and fittings. One hint you will probably need a mirror and if you find one leak don't stop looking. I found three in our propane line this year.

bfast54
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
Our 2005 Bounder has that typical OEM Shurlfo fresh water pump. I must have owned 8 RV's with that pump over the years. Never really had any problems. I recently changed the water filter and now the pump will run for a few seconds every time you turn it on.///////.... But if I leave it on I don't hear the pump cycling. I have not started the washer dryer so there might be some air in that line. Any suggestions?

Moisheh

Sounds like you solved your own problem,if you leave it on,and it dosent cycle....but you turn off overnight...pressure is dropping.......Run water thru the WASHER LINE,TO GET AIR OUT.......Sounds like should do it.:W
2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2005 Open Road 357RLDS
Prodigy Brake Controller:B
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 7735/GPS
Doran Mfg-RV360-TPMS
B&W/Companion

Rally's attended so far-21

My Blog
Good Sam Member

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like a leak.
Could be back feeding through the pump.
Get a 1/2 cap, cap the pump out put side. See if problem goes away. If it does problem is in the system. If it does not, problem is in pump.
Have you checked your fill valve to make sure it is closed tight?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
IF pump is left ON you don't hear it cycling
BUT
IF turned OFF and then back ON it runs for a few seconds and turns off......right?

Don't really see a problem.

IF it ran for a few seconds every once in a while.......then that indicates a leak.
But running a few seconds after being off......don't worry about it until it starts cycling
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rav
Explorer
Explorer
are the fittings at the filter, pump and the filter housing tight, it could be sucking some air. my initial thoughts