Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slide doesnt move thor ace 30.2

timaff
Explorer
Explorer
 pictures are below

85 = white grd / i do not know where is goes (relay)
86 = yellow when engine on = 12vdc i do not know where it goes (relay)
86= yellow when engine is off = 0vdc i do not know where it goes (relay)
87a = orange black goes to center of toggle switch (relay)
30 = orange unknown and i do not know where it goes (relay)
Green yellow = (extract) from toggle switch to slide controller
Red yellow = (retract) from toggle switch to slide controller
Toggle switch wiring was checked and is good (continuity)

looking at the relay the orange should give 12vdc to the orange black lead when the engine is off. i need to find out where the orange, white, and yellow wires go and what they are for.

When engine is off 12vdc is suppose to be supplied to the orange black on the relay which sends it to the toggle switch
Problem this doesnโ€™t happen. It is not getting the 12vdc to the orange black when the engine is off
The relay is good. I had 2 identical relays and switch them ( no difference)

i can't seem to get my hands on the correct schematic. i called thor but wasn't sent what i asked for.
bottom line there is a relay under the bed for the slide lockout. i need to find out where a yellow, orange, and a white wire go once it leaves the relay.
maybe thor will let that information out. ill call tomorrow

any help would be really Appreciatedrelay.jpg

terminal on relay.jpg

toggle switch inside control panel.jpg

wiring of relay.jpg

under bed slide.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

tlaffourtit
Nomad
Nomad
the problem was fixed about an hour ago. first ty catusjuice  (thor site) sending me in the right direction .( hell you took my hand and lead me there) once i was told the 30vdc wire(orange #30) was always on, and i knew the rest of the wires were good to go. i first ran a temp. wire from the orange to 12vdc and tested the slide. bingo it works! i started tracing the orange wire back. turns out the orange wire spliced with another orange wire and both ended inside the dc panel box under the bed. the fuse was labeled lp detector. Not lp detector/ slide. just lp detector. turns out this lp detector went bad over the winter and i removed the fuse to silence the alarm. couple of days ago was the first time i tried to open the slide this year. so if anyone else has a thor and is having this problem i would check that wire out first. your orange wire could be spliced with another circuit too. by the way it is a 5 amp fuse. there is a 30 amp fuse in the dc panel box which labeled slide, this is the power for the 2 motors for the slide. ty to everyone else that contributed too. tim

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II

All I can tell you is that I have a 5th wheel with three Schwintek style slides and none of them has a relay.

The only thing I can think of is that the relay says you get power from the engine when it's running and from your house batteries when it's not. House batteries good?

also i just thought of this mine has an engine so by law it needs that relay so the slide can't move driving down the road.

Sue and Tim

yeah this slide has a relay if the engine is running the slide doesn't work, when it isn't running then the orange black gets 12vdc from the orange lead and the slide works.  which both leads are in this 87a relay..

Sue and Tim

yes batteries are good.

Sue and Tim