cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slideout Gearbox

countrygirl330
Explorer
Explorer
So angry, Summer before last both rear slide out motors/gear box went. Found one, decided to fix, never suggest this , as soon as you undo gearbox , cables, you won't get it back together. Nightmare getting fixed. RV dealer only fixed one side, not correctly btw, did not check other side like we requested, got home and it did not work. Found another repair place. Had to redo side that was fixed and repair other side. Insurance reimbursed 60.00 dollars of a 2500.00 repair.Said they don't pay for adjustments. Now here we are again, camper sat all winter. Now the bedroom slide doing same thing. Ugh, and of course all reservations are in place for the season with very little time to get this done. And typical RV dealers want your rig for weeks after you have already filled fridge and freezers. What is going on with these motors????? Anyone else have this problem? Come on Montana, get it together and recall these, We paid a boat load for these rigs. Any suggestions or help would be great.
3 REPLIES 3

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would have to agree with last post (CBales too tight if the slide out is binding due to unlevel (mine never have) the controllwer will simply shut off the motor. it is a current sensing same as POwer Gear uses (The OP described an Accu-Slide system) There should be a bit of "Play" in the cables Easiest to check is the "pull it in" cables when it's out I'm not sure how much play without re-reading the owner's manual.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Only time I seen the gearboxes fail like this is when the cables are to tight.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Question for you..... Are you putting out the slides when the trailer is not level? My manufacturer suggests leveling the trailer and putting down the stabilizers before extending the slides.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500