cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Solar controller?

Brian48
Explorer
Explorer
On our 91 Serengeti, Osh Kosh chassis gaser, we have two solar panels. Any idea if there is a "controller" some place? We are waiting for the weather to warm up in Michigan so we can head back and I can get the MH out of the barn. Purchased the unit in July and spent most of the rest of summer making adjustments and cleaning electrical connections. Didn't get to the solar setup and was just thinking in advance. Have a few manuals but no schematic. Thank you for any assistance.
18 REPLIES 18

BIKERK9
Explorer
Explorer
Without a charge Controller you could boil your batteries dry.
Battery Monitor acts as a fuel gauge for your batteries. They also show you how many amps each of your loads take to run.
DoggyDaddy
2008 Damon Outlaw 37', WH-24, 8.1 GMC
Class A Toy Hauler
DoggyDaddy CommunityProfile

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
With 2 panels I would be very surprised if there wasn't any controller. Cheap low-current PWM controllers often look very inconspicuous, a plastic block ~5 inch long with a few terminals. And it should be mounted no further than a few feet from the batteries. Not to say that RV shop people always install it close to the batts - they mostly have no clue...

Brian48
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't done any wire tracing and any research. I do not know if the panels are even working. Just idle hands thinking out loud and anticipating the approaching return.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where have you already looked?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman