cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Something popping the 15 amp fuse on Domestic Americana 2652

buylow12
Explorer
Explorer
As far as I can tell it connects to two other things a 12v outlet, months ago I disconnected that and that seemed to solve the problem then it came back and I disconnected light which didn't do much. The cigarette outlet connects where the fridge does, the light is further down line.

Later I pulled out a ground wire fairly close to the circuit board that was run through the things that move the slide. Not the hydraulics buy the gears. (I think I've checked every part of wire that was visible before that), I taped that up and thought I fixed it. We were good for two days and then we did some more driving,tripped again. Tried to pull the same wire from the other side and it wouldn't move disconnected it from the fridge, fridge was still on. I assume it's the ground that I capped. It was grey and the other wire running in is purple. I don't know how to get a look at it other the cut it, check it, and just splice in new line. Any advice would be appreciated, I'm losing my mind.
Tim Czarkowski
TotalTravelers.com
7 REPLIES 7

buylow12
Explorer
Explorer
I know it's not the fridge, the fridge works great. I'm fact I have an adjustable thermistor now, as my last one went bad, and set it at it's lowest setting, the fridge will get down to 21 so when we drive it doesn't get too high. It can also hold the correct temp when we're not driving the next day.

Thanks for the correction just my brain seeing what it wants.

Great advice, thanks. I'll have to recruit the wife though...Lol, as obviously I can't see the light and the wire at the same time, most of the time.
Tim Czarkowski
TotalTravelers.com

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
77rollalong wrote:
Maybe try using a 194 type light bulb in place of the fuse, and wiggle the wires around and see when it goes bright, disconnect what ever you can on that line and see.

Good advice- I hook my test light in place of the fuse, or a 12 volt buzzer if you cannot see the fuse panel from where the wires are.
-- Chris Bryant

77rollalong
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe try using a 194 type light bulb in place of the fuse, and wiggle the wires around and see when it goes bright, disconnect what ever you can on that line and see.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
It's not the refrigerator, as it has a five amp fuse as the largest, so if you are blowing a 15 amp fuse its outside the fridge, or at least before the circuit board, which would mean the thermal fuses.
-- Chris Bryant

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
"Dometic" ๐Ÿ˜‰

buylow12
Explorer
Explorer
I've checked every part of the wire I can see and rapidly moved back and and forth the parts I can't see as fast as I can. I can't get it to trip though no matter what... It was tripping more often till I capped of the other wire I guess...

Thanks.
Tim Czarkowski
TotalTravelers.com

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
I would guess some part of the wire is grounding and blowing the fuse. I think you did fix one problem and this is a new one. It worked until you started driving and then it grounded again from movement. Itโ€™s a hard problem to solve but you just have to keep at it.