cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange issue

tommy24a
Explorer
Explorer
AC started to act up. 2006 Fleetwood Wilderness 5th wheel. The thermostat is marked as a RVP. Its a single stage for heat and cool. Purchased a honeywell RTH111b stat. Did some research on the wiring. At first the high fan came on. Unhooked the stat to make sure wiring was not loose. Put it back on. Nothing going on now. Took off again and tried to jumper the fan. Nothing
Waited a cpl hours and now was able to start high fan. Tried to now jumper the compressor..shuts fan off. Does not start compressor. Tried to jumper high fan again..nothing
Waited a cpl hours and jumped fan again and working. Not sure what the check is going on.
3 REPLIES 3

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
I guess I don't understand your logic. Your AC "Acted up". WHY would you think your Tstat was the problem? What was the problem with your AC? RARELY, does a wall tstat cause operational problems with a AC system. AS you have found out, Installing a NON RV Tstat is not that easy due to how the wiring differs from a Home system. Why did you not just get a new RVP tstat? Doug

tommy24a
Explorer
Explorer
If I take a multi meter across the blue and red wires I get the 12v. But the instructions I got say to not use the blue wire. I'm ??

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
RV T-stats and home ones as well often get their power (if electronic) from the FURNACE (Blue wires on an RV T-stat normally) not the A/C.

Both home and RV rigs work like that

HOWEVER

Some RV types use replacable dry cell batteries.

And the one I have. needs no power it's an old fashion bi-metal spring with contascts (Furnace only)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times