cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sunsaver 20L blinking lights?

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Sunsaver 20 L for solar charge controller. The lights are blinking right to left - red, yellow, green. Also the other red light stays on, which should be green when everything is good.
I only have 12.2 volts showing, it should be higher, maybe 12.6 in full light. Batteries are only a year old, and have water topped of and terminal connections are clean, and new as of last December.
I can disconnect the 12 volt + from the solar array and reconnect and all lights are normal for a little, but next time I check is back to the blinkingโ€ฆ
One panels has 16 volts (partly shady) and the other nearly zero, but connected together should both be the 16?
Climbing roof to see.
I can't find info what this sequence of lights means.
But the best I can tell I had wrong wiring. One solar panel had 12+ wired into the controller negative, but no paired negative wired in from that panel. I dont think this panel would matter since only half wired though. Fixed now.
3 REPLIES 3

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wherever they are made, watch out for the fine print on the warranty. Some don't have any coverage if you mount the panel on a mobile platform like an RV, instead of on a stick-house roof.

A panel is a panel. You seem to have a wiring issue or wiring connection issue, not a panel problem?
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, RYG can mean a lot of things, I finally found a complete instruction list. This were bad cheap solar panels, the kind from china that are garbage. Thank you Mr President for tarrifing this ****, so I am now looking at quality American panels, ones with 20 year warranties, not 3 month like china offers. American made seem to be the same price rangeโ€ฆ

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
Page 40 of the manual: "Self-test Error R - Y - G Sequencing"