cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tech Issue Leave Lithium Do Dads On Charger?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Do expensive wireless items have good control of charging when constantly being plugged in? Like 24/7
3 REPLIES 3

Itinerant1
Explorer
Explorer
Replacing batteries in the sealed cases isn't that hard just requires a little patience.

I use my tablet (Galaxy S6) like a laptop so the battery takes a whopping. Probably this summer I'll have to replace the battery, $25 for battery and an hour of time, good as new.

When the S10 phone needs a new battery samething.
12v 500ah, 20 cells_ 4s5p (GBS LFMP battery system). 8 CTI 160 watt panels (1,280 watts)2s4p,Panels mounted flat. Magnum PT100 SCC, Magnum 3012 hybrid inverter, ME-ARC 50. Installed 4/2016 been on 24/7/365, daily 35-45% DOD 2,500+ partial cycles.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Canโ€™t speak for all devices, but new iPhones/iPads will quit charging when full. They can also learn your charging habits and delay charging to 100% until just before you typically start using it. At the same time batteries degrade over time, and modern iPhones will tell you to what degree. My current iPhone only has 91% of it new capacity.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Do expensive wireless items have good control of charging when constantly being plugged in? Like 24/7

Hi Mex,

My cell phones had to be replaced due to 3G being dropped.

Both of the new phones can be set to stop charging at 85% state of charge. This, it is suggested, results in longer life span. I am following the recommendation because both phones are sealed cases, making it hard to put in a new battery.

One of my older phones was from 2017. I tend to slow charge them. Battery life was not an issue on either device. I try to not discharge below 40% as a rule of thumb.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.