cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The F30T8 Florescent lamps have quit

SNOPRO711X
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody have any suggestions on what to replace these with? The fixture has two lamps in it
3 REPLIES 3

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
A bit pricey but you can buy retrofit LED bulbs which are a direct fit in your fixture..

I am assuming you need 12V LEDs your can find them HERE

This type of retrofit does require disconnecting the ballast and direct wiring to the tombstones.

The nice thing is you do not have to find a fixture that fits or matches the existing fixture mounting holes.

The alternate is to buy cheap strip LEDs and cut and fit your own, downside to those is the double sided tape sometimes fails and replacing failed strips is not as easy as the ready made bulb.

I would would stay away from buying any sealed fixture, LEDs DO sometimes fail and once a sealed fixture fails you will have to buy a complete new fixture.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Surprised you havenโ€™t changed these out years ago. LEDs are essential for us boondockers.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
There are many LED replacement bulbs and fixtures.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.