Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

this is why

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Folks,

This is why Li batteries are not a good fit for me.

https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/sk-32_metric_e.html

-40 on Wednesday night.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
110 REPLIES 110

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
3 tons wrote:

Well, LFPโ€™s certainly more than fit my own dry-camping needs, but at the warp-speed technology is moving nowadays, my guess is that they are merely transitional until an even a more power dense, solid-state battery technology arrives onto the scene - probably about the time my 10yr LFP warranty runs out - this, hopefully, before me - ugg, lol ??

3 tons

ya most of the stuff I have found so far points to solid state, and modified chemistry Li. the two most promising ones are at the point they are almost big enough to be a small watch battery.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
3 tons wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
pianotuna wrote:

Don't be puerile.

-30-

seriously thought, any studies like what you are sugesting, that we could bring in here would probably only makes sence to a hand full of people and 99.9% of them don't want to know that much. I can look and see if there is any sumeries that would make more sence but the problem there also is any peer reviewed paper usaly goes onto a pay for download site and I don't see it worth paying for. I just want people to stop using sales pitches and outdated information as gosple. but I am on 4 days off work right now so I'll see if I can find anything for you.

Steve

Canโ€™t speak as to our Northern Friends, but education in America has been horribly debased over recent decades, a degree today roughly equates to a HS diploma a mere century agoโ€ฆUnfortunately, this trend also effects higher Academia whereby so-called celebrated โ€˜peer reviewsโ€™ have been compromised as well due to marginalized PhDโ€™s standards (pal-peer reviews), and due to โ€˜outcome based modelingโ€™ funded by a huge infusion of โ€˜results orientedโ€™ Govโ€™t Grant moola used to fund faux science research (aka, medieval Scientism)โ€ฆA retrenchment of modern Civilizationโ€ฆ

3 tons

Upon edit, Elon Musk stated โ€œthat an 18 yr old kid who canโ€™t get a small business loan, can get a $100k Student load, tells you all you need to knowโ€!!

yup, and to top it all off any paper that is pear reviewed would have to be sumerized so most people wouldnt fall asleep before they got anything out of it. I read 3 yeaterday but didn't apply to what I was looking for, but one thing of interest for Pianotuna as I know he likes keeping up on the new tech. they are combining SI02 into the cathode, or was it the anode?, one of them... of a LFP battery which is showing increased capacity in storage and discharge, just thought it was kinda neat as thats the kinda stuff showing up in my search haha. the problem I am having right now is every "New" battery compares its self to normal batteries or AGM as they have been the standard for so long, I havent found any research comparasons between LFP and SIO2 yet, except for a few retail sales driven ones that contain false or misleading or incomplet information as we all know they do.

Well, LFPโ€™s certainly more than fit my own dry-camping needs, but at the warp-speed technology is moving nowadays, my guess is that they are merely transitional until an even a more power dense, solid-state battery technology arrives onto the scene - probably about the time my 10yr LFP warranty runs out - this, hopefully, before me - ugg, lol ??

3 tons

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
3 tons wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
pianotuna wrote:

Don't be puerile.

-30-

seriously thought, any studies like what you are sugesting, that we could bring in here would probably only makes sence to a hand full of people and 99.9% of them don't want to know that much. I can look and see if there is any sumeries that would make more sence but the problem there also is any peer reviewed paper usaly goes onto a pay for download site and I don't see it worth paying for. I just want people to stop using sales pitches and outdated information as gosple. but I am on 4 days off work right now so I'll see if I can find anything for you.

Steve

Canโ€™t speak as to our Northern Friends, but education in America has been horribly debased over recent decades, a degree today roughly equates to a HS diploma a mere century agoโ€ฆUnfortunately, this trend also effects higher Academia whereby so-called celebrated โ€˜peer reviewsโ€™ have been compromised as well due to marginalized PhDโ€™s standards (pal-peer reviews), and due to โ€˜outcome based modelingโ€™ funded by a huge infusion of โ€˜results orientedโ€™ Govโ€™t Grant moola used to fund faux science research (aka, medieval Scientism)โ€ฆA retrenchment of modern Civilizationโ€ฆ

3 tons

Upon edit, Elon Musk stated โ€œthat an 18 yr old kid who canโ€™t get a small business loan, can get a $100k Student load, tells you all you need to knowโ€!!

yup, and to top it all off any paper that is pear reviewed would have to be sumerized so most people wouldnt fall asleep before they got anything out of it. I read 3 yeaterday but didn't apply to what I was looking for, but one thing of interest for Pianotuna as I know he likes keeping up on the new tech. they are combining SI02 into the cathode, or was it the anode?, one of them... of a LFP battery which is showing increased capacity in storage and discharge, just thought it was kinda neat as thats the kinda stuff showing up in my search haha. the problem I am having right now is every "New" battery compares its self to normal batteries or AGM as they have been the standard for so long, I havent found any research comparasons between LFP and SIO2 yet, except for a few retail sales driven ones that contain false or misleading or incomplet information as we all know they do.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
pianotuna wrote:

Don't be puerile.

-30-

Steve

3 tons

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
pianotuna wrote:

Don't be puerile.

-30-

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
2oldman wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
are you but hurt? :B
It's butt hurt, not but hurt. Either way, rude.

it was from a different post which he brought here. it also was a joke hence the smily face.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
StirCrazy wrote:
It's butt hurt, not but hurt. Either way, rude.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
StirCrazy wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
stir crazy since this is a debate I suggest you back up your statements with double blind studies, ones that are peer reviewed.

Don't be puerile.

-30-
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
3 tons wrote:
Well in Nevada, a chambered 9 in the front seat is a legal and effective means of preventing hijackings and encouraging good mannersโ€ฆ

3 tons

Naw. A .45acp is more impressive.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
PerryB67 wrote:
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
Average age in Florida is 42. Where in the world did you get your information?

Mold & mildew? Sure, just like any other coastal area. Once it gets out of control, I'll be concerned.

Oppressive humidity? Maybe to some who aren't used to it. Much like oppressive cold (such as the current temperature of -11F in Lanesboro, MN as I write this :E)

And murders?? In Florida? Seriously? Nowhere else, eh?

OK, OK, we get it. You don't like Florida. So noted.
Sorry, I meant "lifespan". I've corrected my previous post.

Yes, mold and mildew are problems for people and one of the reasons I and many others don't live in the coastal states. The "oppressive humidity" is the reason for the mold and mildew problems.

Florida's population is around 22 million and in 2020 they had 1,285 murders or 58 murders per million. Canada's entire population is 38 million and in 2020 there were 743 murders or 19 murders per million.

I chose not to live in Florida because of many, many reasons, safety, health, and lifespan being a few.

I'd be curious how "lifespan" is calculated. Pretty much no one is "from Florida", so how do they factor in snowbirds and people who move in late in life. I suspect, that is distorting the numbers as very few people move to the rural areas of the great white north, so those numbers are mostly life long residents.

As far as murders...it's very much a localized issue. If you choose to live in a barrio in miami and associate with drug mules, yeah, it's a big concern. If you live in a nice area and associate with nice middle class folks, it's not really an issue.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
pianotuna wrote:
stir crazy since this is a debate I suggest you back up your statements with double blind studies, ones that are peer reviewed.

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
valhalla360 wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
your talking about one or two geographical areas which is why there is a higher concentration of people there, but drive through toronto, vancouver and thoes types of places and how many rv's do you see in the yards, not many compared to other areas. the largest geographical area of canad will very often see -30 or -35 in the winter..

No one lives in the largest geographical area of Canada.

I think something like 95% of the Canadian population lives within 100miles of the US border.

I see lots of RVs in Toronto. Camping if very popular there.

because there are more people there, you go to more rual areas and there is a camper in every driveway pretty much so I should rephrase my original statment to say per capata haha I did a google search it came up with 75% 90% 95% so what do you believe. the only reason for tht is because 1/2 the population of canada is ontario and quebec and there its probably 95% in BC its probably 90% or a bit less, the praries its way less. alberta the majority of the population is more than 100 from the boarder so it depends on the provence and why places were built where they were.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

PerryB67
Explorer
Explorer
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

Well, I really don't fully see the point. I lived in Michigan for 20 years. Also 5 other states, then ultimately Florida, so I fully understand what it's like to live in different places, with different climates, and four distinct seasons. I just happen to hate freezing cold winters, ice on the ground, brown grass, and trees without leaves . . . . just a personal choice.
Now those are perfectly good reasons for living in Florida. :B

Enjoy,

Perry
2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
2019 F150 Max Tow, Max Springs, 3.5 EB Quad Cab
Victron 712, Victron 100/20, Victron 100/30
160 Watts on the Roof, 100 watt portable
Two 100 ah SOK LFP Batteries