cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailer out of the shop. New water pump!

RSD559
Explorer
Explorer
Since I have a 2 year warranty, I'm going to use it when needed. Just came home with my trailer from the dealer. 3rd time in for a water pump that doesn't shut off. Atris, I believe is the brand. The service manager gave me the good news that Highland Ridge isn't replacing Atris with Atris anymore. They are putting Shurflo pumps in now. I'll have to crawl under the sink and see the model. He also said that they are replacing about 12 Atris pumps a month under warranty. He had e-mailed his rep about the problem and the rep had fed it up the chain until someone with power to do something actually did something. Good to see common sense wins out occasionally. Now I can put the accumulator tank in and not worry about warranty issues.
2020 Torque T314 Toy Hauler Travel Trailer- 38' tip to tip.
2015 F-350 6.7L Diesel, SRW.
2021 Can Am Defender 6 seater. Barely fits in the toy hauler!
7 REPLIES 7

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sur-Flo (A Watts corporation) is kind of the defacto Standard. Good product, I replaced my Sur-Flo with another after 10 or 11 years (not sure which summer)

I did "upgrade" slightly 5 more PSI and 1/2 GPM more on the new pump.. It's an easy job if you have access.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Only a IDIOT would place a 320F vertical ceramic power resistor and place it one half inch from a high value capacitor.
Really...
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I take exception that WFCO takes a good design and then scrounges cheap parts and assembly.

Only a IDIOT would place a 320F vertical ceramic power resistor and place it one half inch from a high value capacitor. No engineer meaning authentic electrical o electronic engineer would produce such a design. Laughable? Grab your sides. The cooling fan is is 10" distant on the other end of the board from three vertical resistors, two transformers, and two power chokes. 95% of the the thermal radiating components of the WFCO. And fan air current can barely be felt on the other end.

Mass produced motorhome and TT OEMs would sell their mother for a nickel.

Bottom line. Familiarize yourself with common new rig chronic problem components. Examine your prospective purchase. If it contains "problem children" either avoid the rig, or at least know you'll have weak links that will need to be monitored.

RSD559
Explorer
Explorer
The 2nd replacement I offered to buy a Shurflo and have them put it in instead of the Artis, but was told that they would and it would void the warranty on the pump. So I figured I'd keep taking it back until I got one that would outlast the warranty. I didn't realize then that one of the problems with them is that some of them leak, a lot. Dodged a bullet. That's one thing I don't understand. Highland Ridge is a quality brand. You would think they would know better.
2020 Torque T314 Toy Hauler Travel Trailer- 38' tip to tip.
2015 F-350 6.7L Diesel, SRW.
2021 Can Am Defender 6 seater. Barely fits in the toy hauler!

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Never paid attention to these pumps because reputable OEM's usually use Shurflo or Flo Jet. Sooo, I looked up this pump. It is imported by WFCO and sold thru them. No wonder they have a high failure rate. WFCO products are CHEAP and JUNK. Just look at the sorry history of WFCO Power Converters. WFCO takes quality products, goes to the Asian Rim and have them make cheap knock offs of the products. Doug

Bigg_Al
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same pump and the same problem. The dealer and the Open Range factory rep said the same thing, replace it with a Shurflo.
Tow Vehicle:
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 DRW Laramie Crew Cab
6.7 Cummins Diesel

Race Car:
Pro Mod 1969 Chevelle
Jerry Bickel Chassis
525ci BAE Hemi Twin Turbocharged
3 Speed Lenco Transmission
Best E.T. 5.62 seconds at 265 mph

Take me to your Golf Course!!

darsben1
Explorer