cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel trailer front lights stay on

MarkDiederich
Explorer
Explorer

My Coachmen Freedom Express 22’ Travel Trailer. After dewinterizing, I needed a replacement battery disconnect key but before I could get one I ran power from my truck generator. I discovered the lights on the front of the trailer do not turn off unless power is disconnected.  Always on whether ground power or battery power. Having the proper key does not change the issue but battery is fully charged. 

any idea how to turn them off? Already checked fuses. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II

Check for a short in the 7 pin connector on the trailer. A stray wire from on terminal touching a neighboring terminal could do it. Another possibility is a bad ground on one of those lights.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MarkDiederich
Explorer
Explorer

Thank you. I suspect there is a ground issue somewhere and the plug seems intact. I need to trace the wires all the way back. 

in the interim, there is a 10A fuse that controls the front decorative lights in the front window (the lights that don’t turn off). I remove the fuse and those lights turn off but the running and brake lights still operate. At least I have a temporary fix until I can trace the source of the issue. 

thanks again. 

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II

Check for a short in the 7 pin connector on the trailer. A stray wire from on terminal touching a neighboring terminal could do it. Another possibility is a bad ground on one of those lights.